- R_P - Jul 6, 2020 - 1:23am
- R_P - Jul 5, 2020 - 11:25pm
Looting & vandalism isn't protest
- kurtster - Jul 5, 2020 - 11:09pm
Things You Thought Today
- oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 9:52pm
- haresfur - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:08pm
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore
- buddy - Jul 5, 2020 - 7:06pm
- buddy - Jul 5, 2020 - 6:59pm
- buddy - Jul 5, 2020 - 6:51pm
- KarmaKarma - Jul 5, 2020 - 5:36pm
- hayduke2 - Jul 5, 2020 - 4:20pm
- kctomato - Jul 5, 2020 - 3:24pm
Race in America
- R_P - Jul 5, 2020 - 2:35pm
- R_P - Jul 5, 2020 - 1:30pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- Steely_D - Jul 5, 2020 - 12:35pm
- rhahl - Jul 5, 2020 - 12:03pm
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 11:53am
- Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2020 - 11:07am
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2020 - 10:57am
- oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 9:56am
The List of Reasons Why Schlabby Hates People
- Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:55am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:50am
- oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:45am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:14am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:34pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:27pm
Ask the Libertarian
- kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:55pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- KarmaKarma - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:14pm
- oldviolin - Jul 4, 2020 - 6:40pm
Why are 2 of the best albums of the last decade completel...
- Steely_D - Jul 4, 2020 - 5:13pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- Lazy8 - Jul 4, 2020 - 2:13pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:58pm
In My Room
- Coaxial - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:26pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- buddy - Jul 4, 2020 - 8:13am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- BlueHeronDruid - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:37am
RP stops playing after a few minutes on iPod (iOS)
- gtufano - Jul 3, 2020 - 11:33pm
- R_P - Jul 3, 2020 - 6:50pm
- westslope - Jul 3, 2020 - 3:38pm
Country Up The Bumpkin
- Antigone - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:39pm
how do you feel right now?
- miamizsun - Jul 3, 2020 - 1:54pm
- R_P - Jul 3, 2020 - 12:46pm
• • • PUZZLES • • •
- BlueHeronDruid - Jul 3, 2020 - 10:02am
• • • Things Magicians Exclaim • • •
- oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:20am
Bluos App and Vault 2 Streamer. Is it playing in Flac?
- BillG - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:05am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:04am
::odd but intriguing::
- oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:01am
• • • Things Musicians Exclaim • • • -
- oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:46am
What the hell OV?
- oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:43am
How are you coping/dealing with the crisis?
- kurtster - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:44am
Oh, The Stupidity
- haresfur - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:40am
The Obituary Page
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 2, 2020 - 10:01pm
NASA & other news from space
- R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:45pm
What are you listening to now?
- black321 - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:14pm
- R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:04pm
Vinyl for old timer
- Steely_D - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:00pm
Tech & Science
- R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 5:03pm
Now that is a great story!
- miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:14pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:12pm
Watch Now !
- miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:06pm
- Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2020 - 1:53pm
Less Tori and more anything else ;p
- hellojofo - Jul 2, 2020 - 10:13am
- mjvander - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:53am
Supreme Court Rulings
- Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:02am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Isabeau - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:47am
Hey Baby, It's The 4th O' July
- miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:57am
Amazon Echo/Alexa stream not working
- rochesimpson - Jul 1, 2020 - 3:31pm
Official date for our 20th Anniversary?
- Windspirit - Jul 1, 2020 - 3:16pm
- Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2020 - 11:40am
Can't add RP service to Sonos
- donot_spam - Jul 1, 2020 - 10:28am
- kurtster - Jun 30, 2020 - 9:21pm
Vinyl Only Spin List
- kurtster - Jun 30, 2020 - 8:47pm
Those Lovable Policemen
- R_P - Jun 30, 2020 - 8:44pm
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what?
- haresfur - Jun 30, 2020 - 6:56pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- VV - Jun 30, 2020 - 2:24pm
- cc_rider - Jun 30, 2020 - 1:08pm
More detailed album version tag?
- anonym - Jun 30, 2020 - 11:24am
Pandemics and Rights
Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Jan 26, 2020 - 7:39am
via bio tech wiz andrew hessel
common sense rational thought on what to do geared toward all possibly involved...
As China’s epidemic continues to spread, things may seem scary. Here are ten simple precautions that can protect you from contracting the coronavirus.
I know people are very frightened. And I expect panic will rise in the coming days. But very simple measures can protect you.
During the SARS epidemic, I traveled all over China and Hong Kong, interviewed people infected with the virus, doctors and nurses treating the disease, government officials, police—everybody. I was never concerned that I would become infected, despite being in the room with sick individuals. And that’s because I knew what precautions to take. Here are the most important ones to know:
1. When you leave your home, wear gloves—winter mittens or outdoor gloves—and keep them on in subways, buses, and public spaces.
2. If you are in a social situation where you should remove your gloves, perhaps to shake hands or dine, do not touch your face or eyes, no matter how much something itches. Keep your hands away from contact with your face. And before you put your gloves back on, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water, scrubbing the fingers. Put your gloves on.
3. Change gloves daily, washing them thoroughly, and avoid wearing damp gloves.
4. Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors. Most masks deteriorate after one or two wearings. Using the same mask day after day is worse than useless—it’s disgusting, as the contents of your mouth and nose eventually coat the inside of the mask with a smelly veneer that is attractive to bacteria. I rarely wear a face mask in an epidemic, and I have been in more than 30 outbreaks. Instead, I stay away from crowds, and I keep my distance from individual people—a half meter, about 1.5 feet, is a good standard. If someone is coughing or sneezing, I ask them to put on a mask—to protect me from their potentially contaminated fluids. If they decline, I step a meter (about 3 feet) away from them, or I leave. Don’t shake hands or hug people—politely beg off, saying it’s better for both of you not to come in close contact during an epidemic.
5. Inside your household, remove all of the towels from your bathrooms and kitchen immediately, and replace them with clean towels that have the names of each family member on them. Instruct everybody in your home to only use their own towels and never touch another family member’s. Wash all towels twice a week. Damp towels provide terrific homes for viruses, like common colds, flus, and, yes, coronaviruses.
Location: Pasadena ,Texas
May 31, 2007 - 6:44pm
May 31, 2007 - 6:34pm
May 31, 2007 - 6:31pm
Location: Blinding You With Library Science!
May 31, 2007 - 2:23pm
May 31, 2007 - 10:38am