Supreme Court Rulings
- black321 - Jul 7, 2022 - 6:28am
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 7, 2022 - 6:23am
Wordle - daily game
- marko86 - Jul 7, 2022 - 5:43am
Radio Paradise Comments
- sunybuny - Jul 7, 2022 - 5:25am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Jul 7, 2022 - 5:19am
- kurtster - Jul 6, 2022 - 11:44pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Jul 6, 2022 - 4:42pm
Things that make you happy
- GeneP59 - Jul 6, 2022 - 11:35am
The Grateful Dead
- black321 - Jul 6, 2022 - 8:36am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Jul 6, 2022 - 6:01am
RP Metadata and Album Art
- Dan888 - Jul 6, 2022 - 1:25am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- Dan888 - Jul 6, 2022 - 1:23am
- haresfur - Jul 5, 2022 - 5:19pm
Today, I learned...
- Manbird - Jul 5, 2022 - 2:49pm
Name My Band
- GeneP59 - Jul 5, 2022 - 2:27pm
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 5, 2022 - 7:32am
- oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:03pm
- oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:00pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- haresfur - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:13pm
Things You Thought Today
- steeler - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:51am
Radio Paradise for Android Automotive
- jens547 - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:42am
- Antigone - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:38am
Porcupine Tree to tour in late 2022
- kurtster - Jul 3, 2022 - 9:37pm
What is the meaning of this?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:54pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- Antigone - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:46pm
- Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:26am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos
- Alchemist - Jul 2, 2022 - 3:42pm
- R_P - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:56pm
- Manbird - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:39pm
Tech & Science
- GeneP59 - Jul 2, 2022 - 1:29pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 2, 2022 - 12:03pm
Living in America
- Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2022 - 8:14am
- Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:15pm
- Bill_J - Jul 1, 2022 - 4:49pm
- Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 3:06pm
- R_P - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:51pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:10pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 9:24am
Things for which you would sell ManBird's soul
- islander - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:57am
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- ColdMiser - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:52am
d'oh! or what I would've said if I'd had a half hour to t...
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:44pm
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:30pm
- R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:12pm
- oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:36pm
New Song Submissions system
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:21pm
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey
- black321 - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:48pm
The Obituary Page
- kurtster - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:18pm
The Abortion Wars
- R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 11:31am
- oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 10:19pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:54pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:08pm
- Isabeau - Jun 29, 2022 - 2:47pm
Android 11 lock screen widget
- jkforde - Jun 29, 2022 - 1:58pm
Marijuana: Baked News.
- oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:38pm
- R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:32pm
- R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:20am
Chemosabe, the further adventures of ...
- kurtster - Jun 29, 2022 - 9:04am
- oldviolin - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:52pm
Highly stylized photos that you've taken
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 28, 2022 - 2:54pm
- miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 1:00pm
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge?
- miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:58am
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:27am
- Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:55am
You might be getting old if......
- kurtster - Jun 28, 2022 - 7:31am
- R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09pm
- Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:56pm
I am Thinking of:
- maryte - Jun 27, 2022 - 2:14pm
Vinyl Only Spin List
- kurtster - Jun 27, 2022 - 1:27pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:39am
- R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:14am
- R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:43am
Using Words to Frame a Political Issue
- oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:52am
- Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:40am
Words, acronyms, whatever, that changed meaning
- Proclivities - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:43am
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:55pm
Pandemics and Rights
Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Jan 26, 2020 - 7:39am
(edit: 09/03/2020 - how the perception has changed - weirdly posted on 01/26/2020 before political correctness)
via bio tech wiz andrew hessel
common sense rational thought on what to do geared toward all possibly involved...
As China’s epidemic continues to spread, things may seem scary. Here are ten simple precautions that can protect you from contracting the coronavirus.
I know people are very frightened. And I expect panic will rise in the coming days. But very simple measures can protect you.
During the SARS epidemic, I traveled all over China and Hong Kong, interviewed people infected with the virus, doctors and nurses treating the disease, government officials, police—everybody. I was never concerned that I would become infected, despite being in the room with sick individuals. And that’s because I knew what precautions to take. Here are the most important ones to know:
1. When you leave your home, wear gloves—winter mittens or outdoor gloves—and keep them on in subways, buses, and public spaces.
2. If you are in a social situation where you should remove your gloves, perhaps to shake hands or dine, do not touch your face or eyes, no matter how much something itches. Keep your hands away from contact with your face. And before you put your gloves back on, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water, scrubbing the fingers. Put your gloves on.
3. Change gloves daily, washing them thoroughly, and avoid wearing damp gloves.
4. Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors. Most masks deteriorate after one or two wearings. Using the same mask day after day is worse than useless—it’s disgusting, as the contents of your mouth and nose eventually coat the inside of the mask with a smelly veneer that is attractive to bacteria. I rarely wear a face mask in an epidemic, and I have been in more than 30 outbreaks. Instead, I stay away from crowds, and I keep my distance from individual people—a half meter, about 1.5 feet, is a good standard. If someone is coughing or sneezing, I ask them to put on a mask—to protect me from their potentially contaminated fluids. If they decline, I step a meter (about 3 feet) away from them, or I leave. Don’t shake hands or hug people—politely beg off, saying it’s better for both of you not to come in close contact during an epidemic.
5. Inside your household, remove all of the towels from your bathrooms and kitchen immediately, and replace them with clean towels that have the names of each family member on them. Instruct everybody in your home to only use their own towels and never touch another family member’s. Wash all towels twice a week. Damp towels provide terrific homes for viruses, like common colds, flus, and, yes, coronaviruses.
Location: Pasadena ,Texas
May 31, 2007 - 6:44pm
May 31, 2007 - 6:34pm
May 31, 2007 - 6:31pm
Location: Blinding You With Library Science!
May 31, 2007 - 2:23pm
May 31, 2007 - 10:38am