- R_P - Feb 16, 2020 - 10:35pm
how do you feel right now?
- R_P - Feb 16, 2020 - 8:45pm
- BlueHeronDruid - Feb 16, 2020 - 6:14pm
- westslope - Feb 16, 2020 - 4:44pm
- westslope - Feb 16, 2020 - 4:38pm
What Makes You Sad?
- haresfur - Feb 16, 2020 - 4:30pm
Things You Thought Today
- katzendogs - Feb 16, 2020 - 1:30pm
- jarro - Feb 16, 2020 - 1:00pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- Ohmsen - Feb 16, 2020 - 11:24am
What are you listening to now?
- SeriousLee - Feb 16, 2020 - 7:39am
Back to the 90's
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 7:34pm
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr
- Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 5:03pm
March Of The Locusts
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 3:31pm
Today in History
- Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:39pm
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:29pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:28pm
(Big) Media Watch
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 12:12pm
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- islander - Feb 15, 2020 - 7:17am
hAPPY aNNIVERSARY bUZZ and jRZYTMATA
- Coaxial - Feb 14, 2020 - 6:28pm
Valentine 's - You wouldn't see today...
- Antigone - Feb 14, 2020 - 4:05pm
Name My Band
- buddy - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:41pm
- R_P - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:37pm
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam)
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:00pm
Best Song Comments.
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 14, 2020 - 8:42am
RP 20th anniversary, Feb 2020
- rgio - Feb 14, 2020 - 8:18am
A motivational quote
- Proclivities - Feb 14, 2020 - 7:52am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- buddy - Feb 14, 2020 - 7:16am
Preferred media player?
- haresfur - Feb 13, 2020 - 10:32pm
- black321 - Feb 13, 2020 - 6:39pm
ok, am i crazy?
- pilgrim - Feb 13, 2020 - 4:56pm
- Red_Dragon - Feb 13, 2020 - 3:25pm
The Obituary Page
- oldviolin - Feb 13, 2020 - 3:24pm
- R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 2:16pm
The House I Want (Today)
- miamizsun - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:55pm
Bill and Rebecca, Thank You
- BillG - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:17pm
- R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:04pm
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- kurtster - Feb 13, 2020 - 11:27am
Is there any DOG news out there?
- Antigone - Feb 13, 2020 - 11:13am
- R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 10:45am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Feb 13, 2020 - 7:55am
Business as Usual
- R_P - Feb 12, 2020 - 10:37pm
Bryston BDP Pi
- jbuhl - Feb 12, 2020 - 4:26pm
Films you're excited about.
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 2:28pm
- haresfur - Feb 12, 2020 - 1:20pm
- steeler - Feb 12, 2020 - 9:36am
- icculus - Feb 12, 2020 - 7:35am
songs that ROCK!
- sirdroseph - Feb 12, 2020 - 6:13am
Tech & Science
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 5:20am
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 5:16am
What Makes You Laugh?
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 4:59am
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - Feb 11, 2020 - 8:28pm
- oppositelock - Feb 11, 2020 - 6:07pm
Those lovable acronym guys & gals
- R_P - Feb 11, 2020 - 5:43pm
- Steely_D - Feb 11, 2020 - 5:12pm
Other Medical Stuff
- haresfur - Feb 11, 2020 - 4:05pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- buddy - Feb 11, 2020 - 3:00pm
- miamizsun - Feb 11, 2020 - 1:12pm
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes)
- rgio - Feb 11, 2020 - 11:16am
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 11, 2020 - 8:40am
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~
- Steely_D - Feb 10, 2020 - 10:40pm
- Steely_D - Feb 10, 2020 - 10:36pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:59pm
Are you ready for some football?
- miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:58pm
Cell Phone Hell
- miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:51pm
Who Would You Like To See As President?
- miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:12pm
Photos you have taken of other people
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 10, 2020 - 1:19pm
- ScottN - Feb 10, 2020 - 6:51am
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- sirdroseph - Feb 10, 2020 - 5:52am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- SeriousLee - Feb 9, 2020 - 1:27pm
The Grateful Dead
- buddy - Feb 9, 2020 - 12:25pm
What makes you smile?
- miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:16am
- miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:15am
KUDOS for BillG
- miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:13am
The War on Women
- sirdroseph - Feb 9, 2020 - 8:09am
Old Family Photos
- Proclivities - Feb 9, 2020 - 7:59am
May 23, 2016 - 12:43pm
Close call...Austria far right thwarted, Van der Bellen elected president
Alexander Van der Bellen has won Austria's presidential election, preventing Norbert Hofer from becoming the EU's first far-right head of state.
Mr Van der Bellen, a pro-EU independent backed by the Greens, beat Mr Hofer by just 31,000 votes among the 4.64m cast.
The president-elect vowed to address the "divisions" among Austrians that the poll had "made visible".
Mr Hofer's campaign had targeted anti-EU feelings and fears about migrants. He said his defeat was a "sad day".
The Freedom Party candidate said on his Facebook page (in German): "Please don't be disheartened. The effort in this election campaign is not wasted, but is an investment for the future."
The interior ministry said Mr Van der Bellen had won 2,254,484 votes to Mr Hofer's 2,223,458, or 50.3% to 49.7%.
Although Mr Van der Bellen, 72, is officially independent, he led Austria's Greens for a decade and some European Green politicians were hailing him as the world's first elected Green head of state.
Speaking after his victory, he said he accepted many Austrians had different views and that some people were angry, but he added: "People can be different and still treat each other respectfully." Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Mr Hofer had narrowly led after Sunday's count
The rhetoric in the campaign had been fierce at times. Mr Van der Bellen had said he did not want Austria to be led by a "populist right-wing, pan-Germanic fraternity member" and even urged voters "who don't like me but perhaps like Hofer even less to vote for me".
Mr Hofer had been photographed sporting the German colours of the nationalist Marko-Germania student fraternity, which stands for "the German cultural community" and bears the slogan "Honour, Freedom, Fatherland".
At his swearing-in as Freedom Party candidate, Mr Hofer wore a cornflower in his lapel, which was a Nazi symbol in the 1930s.
Freedom Party campaign manager, Herbert Kickl, hailed Mr Hofer's performance, saying: "There are many Norbert Hofers in the Freedom Party and we are very, very well placed for parliamentary elections."
France's far-right National Front said: "This historic performance is certainly the precursor of future success for all patriotic movements, both in Austria and around the world."But French PM Manuel Valls said in a Twitter post: "It's a relief to see the Austrians reject populism and extremism. Everyone in Europe must draw lessons from this."