- Red_Dragon - Jun 2, 2020 - 11:45am
Fake News* ? !
- KarmaKarma - Jun 2, 2020 - 11:37am
Name My Band
- oldviolin - Jun 2, 2020 - 11:32am
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here
- black321 - Jun 2, 2020 - 11:28am
Looting & vandalism isn't protest
- black321 - Jun 2, 2020 - 11:25am
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 2, 2020 - 9:53am
- Red_Dragon - Jun 2, 2020 - 8:47am
Epic Facebook Statuses
- Coaxial - Jun 2, 2020 - 8:06am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Jun 2, 2020 - 7:49am
- sirdroseph - Jun 2, 2020 - 7:47am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Jun 2, 2020 - 7:22am
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- oldviolin - Jun 2, 2020 - 6:59am
Tales from the RAFT
- Coaxial - Jun 2, 2020 - 6:50am
- scrubbrush - Jun 2, 2020 - 6:43am
Radio Paradise Comments
- miamizsun - Jun 2, 2020 - 6:25am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Jun 2, 2020 - 5:58am
Amazon Echo/Alexa stream not working
- garytaylor741 - Jun 2, 2020 - 2:59am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - Jun 2, 2020 - 12:04am
- AliGator - Jun 1, 2020 - 8:48pm
Stupid Questions (and Answers)
- haresfur - Jun 1, 2020 - 8:07pm
Those Lovable Policemen
- R_P - Jun 1, 2020 - 7:08pm
What Did You Do Today?
- Antigone - Jun 1, 2020 - 6:10pm
In My Room
- buddy - Jun 1, 2020 - 5:56pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2020 - 4:46pm
Things You Thought Today
- KarmaKarma - Jun 1, 2020 - 4:01pm
- R_P - Jun 1, 2020 - 3:36pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- sirdroseph - Jun 1, 2020 - 12:24pm
What Did You See Today?
- Steely_D - Jun 1, 2020 - 11:00am
Today in History
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 1, 2020 - 8:23am
I can't download a cache block for offline listening
- q4Fry - Jun 1, 2020 - 6:50am
- Ohewitt - Jun 1, 2020 - 5:01am
RP Main Mix on TuneIn unavailable?
- withdean1 - Jun 1, 2020 - 4:56am
Race in America
- R_P - May 31, 2020 - 1:39pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- KarmaKarma - May 31, 2020 - 1:27pm
RPeeps I miss.
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 11:55am
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 11:54am
Two questions. That's it. I promise.
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 10:27am
- buddy - May 31, 2020 - 9:34am
A thousand million questions
- buddy - May 31, 2020 - 9:32am
What kind of lunatic answers rhetorical questions?
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:45am
Crucial History Questions
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:43am
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:42am
Questions I'd like to ask at tonight's debate
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:41am
What questions would you like to answer for the world?
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:36am
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:35am
- oldviolin - May 31, 2020 - 8:33am
- Red_Dragon - May 31, 2020 - 6:59am
Vinyl Only Spin List
- kurtster - May 31, 2020 - 5:01am
Australia and New Zealand Music
- whatshisname - May 31, 2020 - 4:12am
Cloud Gazing (Photos You've Taken)
- haresfur - May 30, 2020 - 9:50pm
- Coaxial - May 30, 2020 - 4:53pm
- Red_Dragon - May 30, 2020 - 4:01pm
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- kurtster - May 30, 2020 - 6:06am
- oldviolin - May 29, 2020 - 9:27pm
the Todd Rundgren topic
- Steely_D - May 29, 2020 - 6:34pm
suggest "clasical music"
- kcar - May 29, 2020 - 3:49pm
Covid-19 hits home at RP
- fractalv - May 29, 2020 - 3:07pm
- TheKing2 - May 29, 2020 - 2:18pm
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- Lazy8 - May 29, 2020 - 2:06pm
- KarmaKarma - May 29, 2020 - 11:43am
Free Books and Free Culture Online
- R_P - May 29, 2020 - 11:34am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- oldviolin - May 29, 2020 - 10:15am
The RANT Forum
- steeler - May 29, 2020 - 9:39am
- oldviolin - May 29, 2020 - 9:28am
- oldviolin - May 29, 2020 - 9:20am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- islander - May 29, 2020 - 8:42am
Little known information...maybe even facts
- miamizsun - May 29, 2020 - 8:10am
- ScottFromWyoming - May 29, 2020 - 7:01am
- miamizsun - May 29, 2020 - 4:56am
- Red_Dragon - May 28, 2020 - 3:56pm
- R_P - May 28, 2020 - 3:26pm
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - May 28, 2020 - 2:13pm
- R_P - May 28, 2020 - 12:52pm
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what?
- islander - May 28, 2020 - 11:29am
Favorite Books from Your Youth
- kcar - May 27, 2020 - 9:20pm
May 23, 2016 - 12:43pm
Close call...Austria far right thwarted, Van der Bellen elected president
Alexander Van der Bellen has won Austria's presidential election, preventing Norbert Hofer from becoming the EU's first far-right head of state.
Mr Van der Bellen, a pro-EU independent backed by the Greens, beat Mr Hofer by just 31,000 votes among the 4.64m cast.
The president-elect vowed to address the "divisions" among Austrians that the poll had "made visible".
Mr Hofer's campaign had targeted anti-EU feelings and fears about migrants. He said his defeat was a "sad day".
The Freedom Party candidate said on his Facebook page (in German): "Please don't be disheartened. The effort in this election campaign is not wasted, but is an investment for the future."
The interior ministry said Mr Van der Bellen had won 2,254,484 votes to Mr Hofer's 2,223,458, or 50.3% to 49.7%.
Although Mr Van der Bellen, 72, is officially independent, he led Austria's Greens for a decade and some European Green politicians were hailing him as the world's first elected Green head of state.
Speaking after his victory, he said he accepted many Austrians had different views and that some people were angry, but he added: "People can be different and still treat each other respectfully." Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Mr Hofer had narrowly led after Sunday's count
The rhetoric in the campaign had been fierce at times. Mr Van der Bellen had said he did not want Austria to be led by a "populist right-wing, pan-Germanic fraternity member" and even urged voters "who don't like me but perhaps like Hofer even less to vote for me".
Mr Hofer had been photographed sporting the German colours of the nationalist Marko-Germania student fraternity, which stands for "the German cultural community" and bears the slogan "Honour, Freedom, Fatherland".
At his swearing-in as Freedom Party candidate, Mr Hofer wore a cornflower in his lapel, which was a Nazi symbol in the 1930s.
Freedom Party campaign manager, Herbert Kickl, hailed Mr Hofer's performance, saying: "There are many Norbert Hofers in the Freedom Party and we are very, very well placed for parliamentary elections."
France's far-right National Front said: "This historic performance is certainly the precursor of future success for all patriotic movements, both in Austria and around the world."But French PM Manuel Valls said in a Twitter post: "It's a relief to see the Austrians reject populism and extremism. Everyone in Europe must draw lessons from this."