[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

RP Metadata and Album Art - Dan888 - Jul 5, 2022 - 3:53am
 
Wordle - daily game - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 5, 2022 - 12:08am
 
Today, I learned... - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 4, 2022 - 11:49pm
 
seriously? - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:03pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:00pm
 
Favorite Quotes - Manbird - Jul 4, 2022 - 8:50pm
 
Name My Band - Manbird - Jul 4, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - haresfur - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:13pm
 
Things You Thought Today - steeler - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:51am
 
Radio Paradise for Android Automotive - jens547 - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:42am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:38am
 
Porcupine Tree to tour in late 2022 - kurtster - Jul 3, 2022 - 9:37pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:54pm
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Antigone - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:46pm
 
The Grateful Dead - Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:30am
 
Gentle Giant - Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:26am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Alchemist - Jul 2, 2022 - 3:42pm
 
US Empire - R_P - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:56pm
 
Mind Control - Manbird - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:39pm
 
Tech & Science - GeneP59 - Jul 2, 2022 - 1:29pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jul 2, 2022 - 1:25pm
 
Trump - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 2, 2022 - 12:03pm
 
Living in America - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2022 - 8:14am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jul 2, 2022 - 6:54am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - kurtster - Jul 1, 2022 - 10:42pm
 
Religion - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:15pm
 
Joe Biden - Bill_J - Jul 1, 2022 - 4:49pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 3:06pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:51pm
 
Ratings - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:10pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 9:24am
 
Things for which you would sell ManBird's soul - islander - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:57am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - ColdMiser - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:52am
 
d'oh! or what I would've said if I'd had a half hour to t... - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:30pm
 
Ukraine - R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:12pm
 
Procrastinators Anonymous - oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:36pm
 
New Song Submissions system - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:21pm
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - black321 - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:48pm
 
The Obituary Page - kurtster - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:18pm
 
The Abortion Wars - R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 11:31am
 
True Confessions - oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 10:19pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:54pm
 
Beer - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:08pm
 
Education - Isabeau - Jun 29, 2022 - 2:47pm
 
Android 11 lock screen widget - jkforde - Jun 29, 2022 - 1:58pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:38pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:32pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:35am
 
Breaking News - R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:20am
 
Chemosabe, the further adventures of ... - kurtster - Jun 29, 2022 - 9:04am
 
Art Show - oldviolin - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:52pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 8:47pm
 
Highly stylized photos that you've taken - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 28, 2022 - 2:54pm
 
Russia - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 1:00pm
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:58am
 
Fiverr Anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:27am
 
Love is... - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:55am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:38am
 
You might be getting old if...... - kurtster - Jun 28, 2022 - 7:31am
 
Fascism American-style - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:56pm
 
I am Thinking of: - maryte - Jun 27, 2022 - 2:14pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 27, 2022 - 1:27pm
 
Guns - kcar - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:27am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Economix - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:14am
 
M.A.G.A. - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Using Words to Frame a Political Issue - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:52am
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:40am
 
Words, acronyms, whatever, that changed meaning - Proclivities - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:43am
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:55pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:43pm
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Antigone - Jun 25, 2022 - 4:48pm
 
Terrorist Watch! - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:58pm
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Real Estate Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Post to this Topic
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 1, 2019 - 10:49am

I hope instagram embeds work...
< async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js">
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 7:32am



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 black321 wrote:


 Hmm, well there was a little sumpin that happened 10 years ago that might have depressed prices then?


 

Yeah, as far as I noticed, that event only stalled the increases for a while. It wasn't long ago (20 years?) that the absolute most expensive house in town (A lot bigger, elaborate, attractive if you like that sort of thing) was under 300K. Here's a boring thing with no landscaping on a standard size lot for more than that. So I guess it's a boom, but our economy's on the ropes. Lots of available space downtown, we lost our 2nd of 3 pharmacies, most of the "retail" space downtown is filled with churches, thrift stores, beauty salons and lawyers. And bars.
 

We're getting a lot of that split too. Oddly, there is tons of open commercial space, but everyone is holding out for downtown Seattle (or better) prices. So properties sit vacant.  Seems like there should be some dealing going on, but everyone is holding firm.
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 6:37am



 miamizsun wrote:


  • P-Model from American Steel SpanP-Model
  • S-Model from American Steel SpanS-Model
    • High sidewall clearance
    • Popular building
  • Q-Model from American Steel SpanQ-Model
    • Maximizes usable interior space
    • Very economical building
    • Popular with farms
  • A-Model from American Steel SpanA-Model

 

There's what must be an S-Model just west of town, bright orange, it sits on top of a hill with a view of all the mountains and overlooking the town. We'd move in there in a heartbeat. Might have to do some mouse removal first tho.
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 6:35am



 black321 wrote:


 Hmm, well there was a little sumpin that happened 10 years ago that might have depressed prices then?


 

Yeah, as far as I noticed, that event only stalled the increases for a while. It wasn't long ago (20 years?) that the absolute most expensive house in town (A lot bigger, elaborate, attractive if you like that sort of thing) was under 300K. Here's a boring thing with no landscaping on a standard size lot for more than that. So I guess it's a boom, but our economy's on the ropes. Lots of available space downtown, we lost our 2nd of 3 pharmacies, most of the "retail" space downtown is filled with churches, thrift stores, beauty salons and lawyers. And bars.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 5:48am



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

Gas or electric heat ?  I'm guessing electric which is a deal breaker for me before you get started.
 

Nah, gas forced air. But it's got less charm than a manufactured home. Builders are just seeing what they can get away with now. We're too close to Jackson, so a lot of millionaires are priced out of the market there come here and say "ah, good enough, I guess." I know it probably seems cheap compared to some places but that's about double what the same house would have been 10 years ago. Justine and I actually looked at a house for 159 a decade or so ago that was a lot nicer but still on the high side. *shrug* We're gonna put up a quonset hut.
 
Hmm, well there was a little sumpin that happened 10 years ago that might have depressed prices then?


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 4:28am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

Nah, gas forced air. But it's got less charm than a manufactured home. Builders are just seeing what they can get away with now. We're too close to Jackson, so a lot of millionaires are priced out of the market there come here and say "ah, good enough, I guess." I know it probably seems cheap compared to some places but that's about double what the same house would have been 10 years ago. Justine and I actually looked at a house for 159 a decade or so ago that was a lot nicer but still on the high side. *shrug* We're gonna put up a quonset hut.

 

  • P-Model from American Steel SpanP-Model
  • S-Model from American Steel SpanS-Model
    • High sidewall clearance
    • Popular building
  • Q-Model from American Steel SpanQ-Model
    • Maximizes usable interior space
    • Very economical building
    • Popular with farms
  • A-Model from American Steel SpanA-Model

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 4:17am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
This house is in Cody, Wyoming. Just a small town in the middle of nowhere, plenty of room to build, not particularly scenic, etc.

Take a guess what they're asking for it:

$315K

 

they asked and you wisely said no

unless it is sitting on oil or gas reserves

i glanced on zillow and there are more reasonable properties

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 4:05am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
This house is in Cody, Wyoming. Just a small town in the middle of nowhere, plenty of room to build, not particularly scenic, etc. Take a guess what they're asking for it:
 


$315K

 
That's insane.  You must be experiencing an economic boom in your area?
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 10:37pm



 kurtster wrote:

Gas or electric heat ?  I'm guessing electric which is a deal breaker for me before you get started.
 

Nah, gas forced air. But it's got less charm than a manufactured home. Builders are just seeing what they can get away with now. We're too close to Jackson, so a lot of millionaires are priced out of the market there come here and say "ah, good enough, I guess." I know it probably seems cheap compared to some places but that's about double what the same house would have been 10 years ago. Justine and I actually looked at a house for 159 a decade or so ago that was a lot nicer but still on the high side. *shrug* We're gonna put up a quonset hut.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 8:42pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
This house is in Cody, Wyoming. Just a small town in the middle of nowhere, plenty of room to build, not particularly scenic, etc. Take a guess what they're asking for it:
 


$315K

 
Gas or electric heat ?  I'm guessing electric which is a deal breaker for me before you get started.
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 8:26pm

This house is in Cody, Wyoming. Just a small town in the middle of nowhere, plenty of room to build, not particularly scenic, etc. Take a guess what they're asking for it:
 


$315K
sunybuny

sunybuny Avatar

Location: The West & Best Coast of FLA
Gender: Female


Posted: Jun 5, 2017 - 1:27pm

 Skydog wrote:
here's another one close by

3 beds, 3 baths, 2420 sq ft, 1.1 acres
$179,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2764-Brookside-Blvd_Jackson_MI_49203_M34620-23435
.
 2764 Brookside Blvd, Jackson, MI 49203

 
But it gets cold and snows in the winter, right? Goes below 50 degrees F.?{#Sunny}


Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 3, 2017 - 6:14am

 Skydog wrote:
here's another one close by

3 beds, 3 baths, 2420 sq ft, 1.1 acres
$179,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2764-Brookside-Blvd_Jackson_MI_49203_M34620-23435
.
 2764 Brookside Blvd, Jackson, MI 49203

 
nice
Skydog

Skydog Avatar



Posted: Jun 3, 2017 - 6:10am

here's another one close by

3 beds, 3 baths, 2420 sq ft, 1.1 acres
$179,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2764-Brookside-Blvd_Jackson_MI_49203_M34620-23435
.
 2764 Brookside Blvd, Jackson, MI 49203
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 3, 2017 - 6:07am

 Skydog wrote:
you want to be my neighbor?
.
 4beds, 2baths, 2,950sq ft, 5.07acres lot $180,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3965-Kibby-Rd_Jackson_MI_49201_M43159-83880
.
 3965 Kibby Rd, Jackson, MI 49201


 
Dang, that's a lot of house for the money. Realtor could do a much better job of showing it, tho.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 3, 2017 - 4:42am

 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:
Love the band.
Rejected many times.

Oh the land.

 
I'm with you, I love that band.{#Bananajam}
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 3, 2017 - 4:41am

 Skydog wrote:
you want to be my neighbor?
.
 4beds, 2baths, 2,950sq ft, 5.07acres lot $180,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3965-Kibby-Rd_Jackson_MI_49201_M43159-83880
.
 


 
That's a really good deal, which room did the killings take place in?{#Cowboy}{#Lol}
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 2, 2017 - 5:53pm

 Skydog wrote:
you want to be my neighbor?
.
 4beds, 2baths, 2,950sq ft, 5.07acres lot $180,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3965-Kibby-Rd_Jackson_MI_49201_M43159-83880
.
 


 
Maybe if I could afford the health care


Skydog

Skydog Avatar



Posted: Jun 2, 2017 - 2:03pm

you want to be my neighbor?
.
 4beds, 2baths, 2,950sq ft, 5.07acres lot $180,000.00
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3965-Kibby-Rd_Jackson_MI_49201_M43159-83880
.
 3965 Kibby Rd, Jackson, MI 49201

KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: May 31, 2017 - 9:07pm

Love the band.
Rejected many times.

Oh the land.


Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next