[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2022 - 1:49pm
 
Wordle - daily game - Manbird - Jul 5, 2022 - 1:46pm
 
Guns - rgio - Jul 5, 2022 - 1:43pm
 
Today, I learned... - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 5, 2022 - 10:17am
 
RP Metadata and Album Art - kurtster - Jul 5, 2022 - 9:18am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - islander - Jul 5, 2022 - 8:49am
 
Favorite Quotes - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 5, 2022 - 7:32am
 
seriously? - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:03pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:00pm
 
Name My Band - Manbird - Jul 4, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - haresfur - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:13pm
 
Things You Thought Today - steeler - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:51am
 
Radio Paradise for Android Automotive - jens547 - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:42am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:38am
 
Porcupine Tree to tour in late 2022 - kurtster - Jul 3, 2022 - 9:37pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:54pm
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Antigone - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:46pm
 
The Grateful Dead - Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:30am
 
Gentle Giant - Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:26am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Alchemist - Jul 2, 2022 - 3:42pm
 
US Empire - R_P - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:56pm
 
Mind Control - Manbird - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:39pm
 
Tech & Science - GeneP59 - Jul 2, 2022 - 1:29pm
 
Trump - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 2, 2022 - 12:03pm
 
Living in America - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2022 - 8:14am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jul 2, 2022 - 6:54am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - kurtster - Jul 1, 2022 - 10:42pm
 
Religion - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:15pm
 
Joe Biden - Bill_J - Jul 1, 2022 - 4:49pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 3:06pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:51pm
 
Ratings - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:10pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 9:24am
 
Things for which you would sell ManBird's soul - islander - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:57am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - ColdMiser - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:52am
 
d'oh! or what I would've said if I'd had a half hour to t... - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:30pm
 
Ukraine - R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:12pm
 
Procrastinators Anonymous - oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:36pm
 
New Song Submissions system - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:21pm
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - black321 - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:48pm
 
The Obituary Page - kurtster - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:18pm
 
The Abortion Wars - R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 11:31am
 
True Confessions - oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 10:19pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:54pm
 
Beer - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:08pm
 
Education - Isabeau - Jun 29, 2022 - 2:47pm
 
Android 11 lock screen widget - jkforde - Jun 29, 2022 - 1:58pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:38pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:32pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:35am
 
Breaking News - R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:20am
 
Chemosabe, the further adventures of ... - kurtster - Jun 29, 2022 - 9:04am
 
Art Show - oldviolin - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:52pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 8:47pm
 
Highly stylized photos that you've taken - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 28, 2022 - 2:54pm
 
Russia - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 1:00pm
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:58am
 
Fiverr Anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:27am
 
Love is... - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:55am
 
You might be getting old if...... - kurtster - Jun 28, 2022 - 7:31am
 
Fascism American-style - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:56pm
 
I am Thinking of: - maryte - Jun 27, 2022 - 2:14pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 27, 2022 - 1:27pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Economix - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:14am
 
M.A.G.A. - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Using Words to Frame a Political Issue - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:52am
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:40am
 
Words, acronyms, whatever, that changed meaning - Proclivities - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:43am
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:55pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:43pm
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Antigone - Jun 25, 2022 - 4:48pm
 
Terrorist Watch! - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:58pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Remembering the Good Old Days Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post to this Topic
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 11, 2019 - 8:13am



 oldviolin wrote:
 
what is that in front? Looks like a heater or something...


 

I think that's the case for her hair-dryer.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 11, 2019 - 8:02am



 Proclivities wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
Interesting details - click to enlarge. Lots of bread going on there.

 

There used to be a lot of "cabins" around here like that. Basically unfinished houses, concrete foundation, drafty, reclaimed windows... Great in the summer but miserable otherwise. Looks like they have some hot dogs and burgers ready to go. That pack of burger buns looks like they already have meat in them. I'm pretty sure the blue thing about to fall off the table is some 60s-era birding binoculars.
 
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what that was.  It looks like she's done folding the laundry "whites" - sock and small towels - and she left the clothespins near the black and blue mystery object.  I like the Lipton Onion Soup mix; she's studying the packet, probably planning on making the "California Dip".
Yes, there's no sort of insulation at all, just exposed wall studs with the outer sheathing behind them - she's got her hair-dryer cranked up though.

 
what is that in front? Looks like a heater or something...


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 11, 2019 - 7:56am



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
Interesting details - click to enlarge. Lots of bread going on there.

 

There used to be a lot of "cabins" around here like that. Basically unfinished houses, concrete foundation, drafty, reclaimed windows... Great in the summer but miserable otherwise. Looks like they have some hot dogs and burgers ready to go. That pack of burger buns looks like they already have meat in them. I'm pretty sure the blue thing about to fall off the table is some 60s-era birding binoculars.
 
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what that was.  It looks like she's done folding the laundry "whites" - sock and small towels - and she left the clothespins near the black and blue mystery object.  I like the Lipton Onion Soup mix; she's studying the packet, probably planning on making the "California Dip".
Yes, there's no sort of insulation at all, just exposed wall studs with the outer sheathing behind them - she's got her hair-dryer cranked up though.

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 11, 2019 - 7:37am



 Proclivities wrote:
Interesting details - click to enlarge. Lots of bread going on there.

 

There used to be a lot of "cabins" around here like that. Basically unfinished houses, concrete foundation, drafty, reclaimed windows... Great in the summer but miserable otherwise. Looks like they have some hot dogs and burgers ready to go. That pack of burger buns looks like they already have meat in them. I'm pretty sure the blue thing about to fall off the table is some 60s-era birding binoculars.
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 11, 2019 - 7:03am

Interesting details - click to enlarge. Lots of bread going on there.

SeriousLee

SeriousLee Avatar

Location: Dans l'milieu d'deux milles livres


Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 12:39pm

 SeriousLee wrote:


 

kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 1:21pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 kcar wrote:

"Justine and Scott's Page of Glee"?!?!?


That was started around 1994.  I made a joke about John Wesley Powell naming things after himself, Powell Wyoming, Lake Powell... of course they came long after he'd died. Someone didn't get the joke and sent the most vile and profane email I've ever received... probably in the first 100 emails I ever received in my life.
 


Good joke! Sounds like you ran into a deranged descendant of JW with a sore need to vent randomly. 
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 8:52am



 kcar wrote:

"Justine and Scott's Page of Glee"?!?!?


That was started around 1994.  I made a joke about John Wesley Powell naming things after himself, Powell Wyoming, Lake Powell... of course they came long after he'd died. Someone didn't get the joke and sent the most vile and profane email I've ever received... probably in the first 100 emails I ever received in my life.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 11:50pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
 

LOL. Here's my 90s web horror story (one of them, anyway):

https://web.archive.org/web/19...

The archiving breaks the layout in a few places, but overall — yes, it really was that bad!
 

You met Rebecca at a Mexican Yoga retreat? That's awesome. 
 
Omg. I forgot about that (my blog before blogs were a thing). 

But yes, 'tis true. 23 years ago last month. 

 

I haven't prowled around the Wayback Machine for a few years. Our coffeehouse ca. 2000. Note the AltaVista search box... Includes some photos I haven't seen in years... here's Justine in Galway: 


 
"Justine and Scott's Page of Glee"?!?!?

Love that "tour" of the Cybersty, Bill. Especially the navigational arrows that lead back and forth past the front of KPIG (but never actually inside).


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 10:18pm



 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
 

LOL. Here's my 90s web horror story (one of them, anyway):

https://web.archive.org/web/19...

The archiving breaks the layout in a few places, but overall — yes, it really was that bad!
 

You met Rebecca at a Mexican Yoga retreat? That's awesome. 

 
Omg. I forgot about that (my blog before blogs were a thing). 

But yes, 'tis true. 23 years ago last month. 

 

I haven't prowled around the Wayback Machine for a few years. Our coffeehouse ca. 2000. Note the AltaVista search box... Includes some photos I haven't seen in years... here's Justine in Galway: 

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 10:05pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
 

LOL. Here's my 90s web horror story (one of them, anyway):

https://web.archive.org/web/19...

The archiving breaks the layout in a few places, but overall — yes, it really was that bad!
 

You met Rebecca at a Mexican Yoga retreat? That's awesome. 

 
Omg. I forgot about that (my blog before blogs were a thing). 

But yes, 'tis true. 23 years ago last month. 

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 8:02pm



 BillG wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
 

LOL. Here's my 90s web horror story (one of them, anyway):

https://web.archive.org/web/19...

The archiving breaks the layout in a few places, but overall — yes, it really was that bad!
 

You met Rebecca at a Mexican Yoga retreat? That's awesome. 
BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 5:04pm



 Proclivities wrote:
 

LOL. Here's my 90s web horror story (one of them, anyway):

https://web.archive.org/web/19...

The archiving breaks the layout in a few places, but overall — yes, it really was that bad!
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 10:44am



 Proclivities wrote:
 



Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 10:09am

Marvel launched a delightful, retro website to promote Captain Marvel

Straight from the ‘90s

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 2, 2019 - 2:49pm



How Florida looked from space, when it was still made of orange paper.
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 3, 2013 - 6:49am

Michigan Indians dressed funny.
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 3, 2013 - 6:44am

 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:
I was that age when the photo was taken.
In fact, I had the same costume as the red hooded girl has.

Whoops. TMI.

 
{#Lol}  I don't imagine it fits very well anymore.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 2, 2013 - 2:02pm

 meower wrote:


 
Watch out for Manbird!
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 2, 2013 - 1:53pm

 Proclivities wrote:

That's a good find.  I should have known that picture was from Shorpy.  I assumed that photo was taken in some relatively urban area in the north, but I was thinking the Northeast.  Yeah, that costume must be some sort of clown or gypsy, or something like that, and then they improvised that mask.

Ummm....
?

 
Flipper has an eye in his neck?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next