- R_P - Feb 16, 2020 - 10:35pm
how do you feel right now?
- R_P - Feb 16, 2020 - 8:45pm
- BlueHeronDruid - Feb 16, 2020 - 6:14pm
- westslope - Feb 16, 2020 - 4:44pm
- westslope - Feb 16, 2020 - 4:38pm
What Makes You Sad?
- haresfur - Feb 16, 2020 - 4:30pm
Things You Thought Today
- katzendogs - Feb 16, 2020 - 1:30pm
- jarro - Feb 16, 2020 - 1:00pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- Ohmsen - Feb 16, 2020 - 11:24am
What are you listening to now?
- SeriousLee - Feb 16, 2020 - 7:39am
Back to the 90's
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 7:34pm
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr
- Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 5:03pm
March Of The Locusts
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 3:31pm
Today in History
- Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:39pm
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:29pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:28pm
(Big) Media Watch
- R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 12:12pm
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- islander - Feb 15, 2020 - 7:17am
hAPPY aNNIVERSARY bUZZ and jRZYTMATA
- Coaxial - Feb 14, 2020 - 6:28pm
Valentine 's - You wouldn't see today...
- Antigone - Feb 14, 2020 - 4:05pm
Name My Band
- buddy - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:41pm
- R_P - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:37pm
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam)
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:00pm
Best Song Comments.
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 14, 2020 - 8:42am
RP 20th anniversary, Feb 2020
- rgio - Feb 14, 2020 - 8:18am
A motivational quote
- Proclivities - Feb 14, 2020 - 7:52am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- buddy - Feb 14, 2020 - 7:16am
Preferred media player?
- haresfur - Feb 13, 2020 - 10:32pm
- black321 - Feb 13, 2020 - 6:39pm
ok, am i crazy?
- pilgrim - Feb 13, 2020 - 4:56pm
- Red_Dragon - Feb 13, 2020 - 3:25pm
The Obituary Page
- oldviolin - Feb 13, 2020 - 3:24pm
- R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 2:16pm
The House I Want (Today)
- miamizsun - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:55pm
Bill and Rebecca, Thank You
- BillG - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:17pm
- R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:04pm
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- kurtster - Feb 13, 2020 - 11:27am
Is there any DOG news out there?
- Antigone - Feb 13, 2020 - 11:13am
- R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 10:45am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Feb 13, 2020 - 7:55am
Business as Usual
- R_P - Feb 12, 2020 - 10:37pm
Bryston BDP Pi
- jbuhl - Feb 12, 2020 - 4:26pm
Films you're excited about.
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 2:28pm
- haresfur - Feb 12, 2020 - 1:20pm
- steeler - Feb 12, 2020 - 9:36am
- icculus - Feb 12, 2020 - 7:35am
songs that ROCK!
- sirdroseph - Feb 12, 2020 - 6:13am
Tech & Science
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 5:20am
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 5:16am
What Makes You Laugh?
- miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 4:59am
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - Feb 11, 2020 - 8:28pm
- oppositelock - Feb 11, 2020 - 6:07pm
Those lovable acronym guys & gals
- R_P - Feb 11, 2020 - 5:43pm
- Steely_D - Feb 11, 2020 - 5:12pm
Other Medical Stuff
- haresfur - Feb 11, 2020 - 4:05pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- buddy - Feb 11, 2020 - 3:00pm
- miamizsun - Feb 11, 2020 - 1:12pm
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes)
- rgio - Feb 11, 2020 - 11:16am
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 11, 2020 - 8:40am
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~
- Steely_D - Feb 10, 2020 - 10:40pm
- Steely_D - Feb 10, 2020 - 10:36pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:59pm
Are you ready for some football?
- miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:58pm
Cell Phone Hell
- miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:51pm
Who Would You Like To See As President?
- miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:12pm
Photos you have taken of other people
- ScottFromWyoming - Feb 10, 2020 - 1:19pm
- ScottN - Feb 10, 2020 - 6:51am
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- sirdroseph - Feb 10, 2020 - 5:52am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- SeriousLee - Feb 9, 2020 - 1:27pm
The Grateful Dead
- buddy - Feb 9, 2020 - 12:25pm
What makes you smile?
- miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:16am
- miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:15am
KUDOS for BillG
- miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:13am
The War on Women
- sirdroseph - Feb 9, 2020 - 8:09am
Old Family Photos
- Proclivities - Feb 9, 2020 - 7:59am
Pandemics and Rights
Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Jan 26, 2020 - 7:39am
via bio tech wiz andrew hessel
common sense rational thought on what to do geared toward all possibly involved...
As China’s epidemic continues to spread, things may seem scary. Here are ten simple precautions that can protect you from contracting the coronavirus.
I know people are very frightened. And I expect panic will rise in the coming days. But very simple measures can protect you.
During the SARS epidemic, I traveled all over China and Hong Kong, interviewed people infected with the virus, doctors and nurses treating the disease, government officials, police—everybody. I was never concerned that I would become infected, despite being in the room with sick individuals. And that’s because I knew what precautions to take. Here are the most important ones to know:
1. When you leave your home, wear gloves—winter mittens or outdoor gloves—and keep them on in subways, buses, and public spaces.
2. If you are in a social situation where you should remove your gloves, perhaps to shake hands or dine, do not touch your face or eyes, no matter how much something itches. Keep your hands away from contact with your face. And before you put your gloves back on, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water, scrubbing the fingers. Put your gloves on.
3. Change gloves daily, washing them thoroughly, and avoid wearing damp gloves.
4. Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors. Most masks deteriorate after one or two wearings. Using the same mask day after day is worse than useless—it’s disgusting, as the contents of your mouth and nose eventually coat the inside of the mask with a smelly veneer that is attractive to bacteria. I rarely wear a face mask in an epidemic, and I have been in more than 30 outbreaks. Instead, I stay away from crowds, and I keep my distance from individual people—a half meter, about 1.5 feet, is a good standard. If someone is coughing or sneezing, I ask them to put on a mask—to protect me from their potentially contaminated fluids. If they decline, I step a meter (about 3 feet) away from them, or I leave. Don’t shake hands or hug people—politely beg off, saying it’s better for both of you not to come in close contact during an epidemic.
5. Inside your household, remove all of the towels from your bathrooms and kitchen immediately, and replace them with clean towels that have the names of each family member on them. Instruct everybody in your home to only use their own towels and never touch another family member’s. Wash all towels twice a week. Damp towels provide terrific homes for viruses, like common colds, flus, and, yes, coronaviruses.
Location: Pasadena ,Texas
May 31, 2007 - 6:44pm
May 31, 2007 - 6:34pm
May 31, 2007 - 6:31pm
Location: Blinding You With Library Science!
May 31, 2007 - 2:23pm
May 31, 2007 - 10:38am