[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Predictions - R_P - Jun 18, 2024 - 12:27pm
 
20+ year listeners? - sunybuny - Jun 18, 2024 - 12:22pm
 
Trump - Steely_D - Jun 18, 2024 - 11:33am
 
NYTimes Connections - geoff_morphini - Jun 18, 2024 - 11:28am
 
Baseball, anyone? - Proclivities - Jun 18, 2024 - 11:20am
 
NY Times Strands - rgio - Jun 18, 2024 - 11:04am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jun 18, 2024 - 10:38am
 
Israel - R_P - Jun 18, 2024 - 9:51am
 
Europe - R_P - Jun 18, 2024 - 9:33am
 
Wordle - daily game - geoff_morphini - Jun 18, 2024 - 9:01am
 
What did you have for dinner? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 18, 2024 - 8:18am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - jarro - Jun 18, 2024 - 7:11am
 
Today in History - DaveInSaoMiguel - Jun 18, 2024 - 5:47am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Jun 18, 2024 - 4:59am
 
Hello from Greece! - aggelosn - Jun 17, 2024 - 11:28pm
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - Jun 17, 2024 - 9:44pm
 
Ukraine - R_P - Jun 17, 2024 - 8:56pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - buddy - Jun 17, 2024 - 5:20pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Manbird - Jun 17, 2024 - 4:49pm
 
2024 Elections! - R_P - Jun 17, 2024 - 6:40am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:57pm
 
June 2024 Photo Theme - Eyes - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:55pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Red_Dragon - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:22pm
 
What Did You See Today? - Manbird - Jun 16, 2024 - 2:39pm
 
Geomorphology - kurtster - Jun 16, 2024 - 1:29pm
 
Outstanding Covers - Proclivities - Jun 16, 2024 - 11:07am
 
Artificial Intelligence - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:53am
 
The Chomsky / Zinn Reader - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:42am
 
Name My Band - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:24am
 
The Dragons' Roost - oldviolin - Jun 16, 2024 - 9:35am
 
Football, soccer, futbol, calcio... - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:35am
 
No stream after station ID - arlen.nelson969 - Jun 15, 2024 - 2:29pm
 
Business as Usual - kurtster - Jun 15, 2024 - 9:53am
 
favorite love songs - maryte - Jun 15, 2024 - 8:58am
 
Song of the Day - oldviolin - Jun 15, 2024 - 8:08am
 
RightWingNutZ - thisbody - Jun 15, 2024 - 1:28am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - Antigone - Jun 14, 2024 - 7:04pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - oldviolin - Jun 14, 2024 - 3:15pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 14, 2024 - 2:59pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Jun 14, 2024 - 2:08pm
 
Religion - Steely_D - Jun 14, 2024 - 1:28pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 14, 2024 - 8:56am
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - Proclivities - Jun 14, 2024 - 6:42am
 
Just Wrong - ptooey - Jun 14, 2024 - 6:22am
 
Florida - R_P - Jun 13, 2024 - 3:35pm
 
Democratic Party - thisbody - Jun 13, 2024 - 9:08am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - thisbody - Jun 13, 2024 - 8:56am
 
Animal Resistance - thisbody - Jun 13, 2024 - 8:04am
 
Sonos - konz - Jun 13, 2024 - 7:47am
 
New Music - lievendegrauwe - Jun 13, 2024 - 12:43am
 
The Green Thread: A place to share info about living a gr... - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 12, 2024 - 11:48pm
 
Derplahoma! - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 12, 2024 - 9:29pm
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 12, 2024 - 9:16am
 
Guantánamo Resorts & Other Fun Trips - R_P - Jun 12, 2024 - 8:41am
 
Joe Biden - rgio - Jun 12, 2024 - 8:28am
 
Right, Left, Right of Left, Left of Right, Center...? - kurtster - Jun 11, 2024 - 10:36pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 11, 2024 - 3:51pm
 
Breaking News - Isabeau - Jun 11, 2024 - 2:29pm
 
Calling all RP Roku users! - RPnate1 - Jun 11, 2024 - 12:50pm
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - sunybuny - Jun 11, 2024 - 4:38am
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - R_P - Jun 10, 2024 - 12:01pm
 
Streaming Marantz/HEOS - rgio - Jun 10, 2024 - 11:43am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - thisbody - Jun 9, 2024 - 12:38pm
 
Quick! I need a chicken... - thisbody - Jun 9, 2024 - 10:38am
 
Economix - Bill_J - Jun 8, 2024 - 5:25pm
 
Snakes & streaming images. WTH is going on? - rasta_tiger - Jun 8, 2024 - 2:16pm
 
Great guitar faces - thisbody - Jun 8, 2024 - 10:39am
 
TEXAS - maryte - Jun 8, 2024 - 9:21am
 
NASA & other news from space - Beaker - Jun 8, 2024 - 8:23am
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jun 7, 2024 - 10:03pm
 
Republican Party - kcar - Jun 7, 2024 - 8:11pm
 
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today... - Manbird - Jun 7, 2024 - 8:04pm
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Jun 7, 2024 - 7:42pm
 
Can you afford to retire? - JrzyTmata - Jun 7, 2024 - 2:05pm
 
Old timers, crosswords & - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 7, 2024 - 12:09pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » RightWingNutZ Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Post to this Topic
winter

winter Avatar

Location: in exile, as always
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:50am

 zipper wrote:

Thanks, B. I think it's proven true for lots of folks of all political walks, evidenced by the ongoing exodus to FB.
 
Could be. I'm on both, but I don't spend tons of time on either. Probably I'm missing out both ways. :)
zipper

zipper Avatar



Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:49am

 winter wrote:

Well said. I'm more liberal-leaning myself, and I'm often tempted to wash my hands of the place because of all the flame wars and personal attacks and pettiness. I wish we could all disagree without being disagreeable.

 
Thanks, B. I think it's proven true for lots of folks of all political walks, evidenced by the ongoing exodus to FB.

samiyam

samiyam Avatar

Location: Moving North


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:49am

 zevon wrote:

Not at all. As a matter of fact, I hang with him daily at another site, in another group, and he is a very well respected and valuable member of that group, as well as being a lot of fun to hang with.

That's my answer to your question, PJ, and the following is not directed at you in any way shape or form.

If you want to hate anyone's political or other worldviews, hate them. If you want to make it personal, I submit that it's a pretty fucked up thing to do.
It equates to "because this person believes in something I vehemently disagree with, this person is a flaming asshole". Prejudice of the worst kind.
Hate the game, but the playa hating is bullshit.

If this puts me on 10, 50, 100 people's shitlist, I really don't give a rat's ass. I've long ago given up any hope that things will change for the better around here, that's why I'm not around that much. I know who my friends are and so do they, and we stay in touch one way or the other.
 
As I've said before, I like Beaker because he stirs the waters.

There may seem to be too many leftists here at RP's forums but I like to see Beaker post because he's definitely a right-winged person in his politics and the balance makes the whole experience better.  Now if I'm wrong to have posted this, I'm wrong.  There are times his opinions upset me and I've disagreed with him on things, but I love having him around.

zipper

zipper Avatar



Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:47am

 hippiechick wrote:

So now, we're not only talking about someone, we are speaking FOR him. Are you Beaker's brain? 

People, this ain't high school. 

 
Which part of my words do you read as my speaking for Beak?
On what planet do you spend most of your time? etc. {#Lol}
winter

winter Avatar

Location: in exile, as always
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:46am

 zipper wrote:

Thankfully, the Beak is resilient enough to withstand the barbs cast his way. He is one of the few vocal conservatives at RP. The prevalence of the liberal viewpoint has sadly alienated many conservatives from RP. The love of music is universal and it draws people from every political stance. I'm more conservative than he is, and had I not made in-person friendships with members of the community, I would be long gone from here solely because of the widespread cheap shots taken at my own party's expense. Some days, I'm still tempted to wash my hands of the place, a la nook. What's worse than the community suffering from the dearth of a conservative voice is that B&R's efforts suffer from the loss of support, both financially and socially spreading the word.

Never assume that everyone anyone here agrees with your opinion. I certainly don't.

 
Well said. I'm more liberal-leaning myself, and I'm often tempted to wash my hands of the place because of all the flame wars and personal attacks and pettiness. I wish we could all disagree without being disagreeable.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:44am

{#Lol}
hippiechick

hippiechick Avatar

Location: topsy turvy land
Gender: Female


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:41am

 zipper wrote:

Thankfully, the Beak is resilient enough to withstand the barbs cast his way. He is one of the few vocal conservatives at RP. The prevalence of the liberal viewpoint has sadly alienated many conservatives from RP. The love of music is universal and it draws people from every political stance. I'm more conservative than he is, and had I not made in-person friendships with members of the community, I would be long gone from here solely because of the widespread cheap shots taken at my own party's expense. Some days, I'm still tempted to wash my hands of the place, a la nook. What's worse than the community suffering from the dearth of a conservative voice is that B&R's efforts suffer from the loss of support, both financially and socially spreading the word.

Never assume that everyone anyone here agrees with your opinion. I certainly don't.

 
So now, we're not only talking about someone, we are speaking FOR him. Are you Beaker's brain? 

People, this ain't high school. 
zevon

zevon Avatar

Location: Red Sox Nation.
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:41am

 pjcle wrote:

Question:

Is Beaker really all the horrible things people say?



 
Not at all. As a matter of fact, I hang with him daily at another site, in another group, and he is a very well respected and valuable member of that group, as well as being a lot of fun to hang with.

That's my answer to your question, PJ, and the following is not directed at you in any way shape or form.

If you want to hate anyone's political or other worldviews, hate them. If you want to make it personal, I submit that it's a pretty fucked up thing to do.
It equates to "because this person believes in something I vehemently disagree with, this person is a flaming asshole". Prejudice of the worst kind.
Hate the game, but the playa hating is bullshit.

If this puts me on 10, 50, 100 people's shitlist, I really don't give a rat's ass. I've long ago given up any hope that things will change for the better around here, that's why I'm not around that much. I know who my friends are and so do they, and we stay in touch one way or the other.

Atman

Atman Avatar

Location: Sandpoint, ID
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:41am

 samiyam wrote:

What pool of anger did this arise from?
 
I'm sorry if you thought I was angry. i was just being a little picky about the 'attacking inappropriately' statement. Meaning, no attack is appropriate...

And I'm giving you a pass on whatever you say because of your splendid writing.

No anger.

maryte

maryte Avatar

Location: Blinding You With Library Science!
Gender: Female


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:40am

 samiyam wrote:

gossip... means "news"  That's the origin of the word.  What do I think of Owld Skipper?  I think he's said some really interesting and noteworthy things here at RP.  I don't blame him for being Canadian.  That's not his fault.    But I guess that's gossip too.
 

Not according to the OED:

godsibb masc. (f. god GOD + sib(b adj., akin, related: see SIB a.) = ON. gu{edh}-sefe masc., gu{edh}-sifja fem., OSw. guzsowir masc., gu{th}ziff, gudzsöff fem. In ME. a single example is found of a fem. godzybbe corresp. to masc. godzyb (see quot. 1340 in 1).> 
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:39am

 romeotuma wrote:


"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives..."

 



samiyam

samiyam Avatar

Location: Moving North


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:35am

 hippiechick wrote:

Well, then why don't we play 

"What do you think of Owld Skipper?" 

Talking about people, esp when they are not even present, is gossip. 

 
gossip... means "news"  That's the origin of the word.  What do I think of Owld Skipper?  I think he's said some really interesting and noteworthy things here at RP.  I don't blame him for being Canadian.  That's not his fault.    But I guess that's gossip too.

zipper

zipper Avatar



Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:32am

 pjcle wrote:

Question:

Is Beaker really all the horrible things people say?

I can't find anywhere he said anything racist or hurtful, but I am not a consistent forum reader.  His avatar/sig doesn't really lend itself to anything bad, he keeps saying he's not a racists or sexist.  I'm not sure if people don't like him, if so why, or if he is something I can't see.  The people who don't like him seem to be pretty smart and witty, and I'm inclined to think they are right, but I can't find anything.



 
Thankfully, the Beak is resilient enough to withstand the barbs cast his way. He is one of the few vocal conservatives at RP. The prevalence of the liberal viewpoint has sadly alienated many conservatives from RP. The love of music is universal and it draws people from every political stance. I'm more conservative than he is, and had I not made in-person friendships with members of the community, I would be long gone from here solely because of the widespread cheap shots taken at my own party's expense. Some days, I'm still tempted to wash my hands of the place, a la nook. What's worse than the community suffering from the dearth of a conservative voice is that B&R's efforts suffer from the loss of support, both financially and socially spreading the word.

Never assume that everyone anyone here agrees with your opinion. I certainly don't.


samiyam

samiyam Avatar

Location: Moving North


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:31am

 Atman wrote:

Hey, you f#$ktard!

Hey, you g@#ddamn f#$ktard!

I think I see the difference. Attacking others is okay, as long as it's not profane or inappropriate?

Maybe we should start a thread about how to communicate in a way that is effective, without being violent toward others. Move in that direction anyway.

At this point, samiyam, you can say anything/do anything, you are the Bean King! Alas, I wish my appreciation for you was unconditional, but KEEP WRITING YOUR STORY and stop wasting your precious writing skills wrangling with g@#ddamn f#$ktards!

{#Devil_pimp}

 
What pool of anger did this arise from?

hippiechick

hippiechick Avatar

Location: topsy turvy land
Gender: Female


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:31am

 Atman wrote:

"Stop calling me Ethel"

 
{#Kiss}
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:30am

 maryte wrote:


Fixed your typo.

 

{#High-five}
maryte

maryte Avatar

Location: Blinding You With Library Science!
Gender: Female


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:29am

 oldviolin wrote:


Cookinlover has the sack of 100 men, and the breath of a hamster...

 

Fixed your typo.
Atman

Atman Avatar

Location: Sandpoint, ID
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:29am

 jagdriver wrote:


"You boys fight it out among yourselves."

"OK-K-K-K-K, Ethel."


 
"Stop calling me Ethel"


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:28am

 hippiechick wrote:
Talking about people, esp when they are not even present, is gossip. 

 

Cookinlover has the strength of 100 men, and the sack of a hamster...
jagdriver

jagdriver Avatar

Location: Now in Lobster Land
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 27, 2009 - 10:25am

 Atman wrote:

Hey, you f#$ktard!

Hey, you g@#ddamn f#$ktard!

I think I see the difference. Attacking others is okay, as long as it's not profane or inappropriate?

Maybe we should start a thread about how to communicate in a way that is effective, without being violent toward others. Move in that direction anyway.

At this point, samiyam, you can say anything/do anything, you are the Bean King! Alas, I wish my appreciation for you was unconditional, but KEEP WRITING YOUR STORY and stop wasting your precious writing skills wrangling with g@#ddamn f#$ktards!

{#Devil_pimp}

 

"You boys fight it out among yourselves."

"OK-K-K-K-K, Ethel."

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 170, 171, 172  Next