Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8
Location: 544 miles west of Paradis 1821 miles east of Paradise Gender:
Posted:
Oct 3, 2026 - 9:24am
Isabeau wrote:
This forum has all kinds of threads for just about any topic you can think of. I understand, its a very difficult issue to discuss. The inherent blame game is always lurking around it, but I find it interesting there's no Cornell Incident Thread. I get it, its very complex, we don't know all the details, and we certainly don't want to try and convict here in our temple of choice. Still, very telling about a deeply uncomfortable topic. Sometimes what is missing says a lot.
The way it should have been... Shared by AnnaBanana next door..
2 days ago ·I’ve written about this before, but the Cornell tragedy brought it back to me.I was 19 years old at a fraternity party at Slippery Rock University in PA.I drank way too much.Maybe it was beer pong. Maybe it was the Goldschläger. Honestly, I want to throw up just typing that word.I don’t remember the end of the night.What I do remember is waking up the next morning in the main room of the fraternity house.On a couch.Under a blanket.All of my clothes were on.My shoes were off, but somebody had put thick, warm socks on my feet. They weren’t mine.There was a trash can next to the couch and a giant cup of water waiting for me.I was 19.Drunk.Completely vulnerable.And those young men took care of me.They didn’t see an opportunity.They saw a young woman who needed to be kept safe.There was no group text announcing that there was “free p*ssy.”No invitation for other men to come take advantage of me.No joke about my condition.No celebration of my vulnerability.They put a blanket over me.They gave me socks.They put water beside me.They made sure I was safe.And all these years later, I remember that.I don’t even know if those guys realized what they were teaching me in that moment.But they showed me something incredibly important…Being drunk is not consent.Being vulnerable is not an invitation.And a decent man does not need a lecture, a policy manual or a disciplinary hearing to understand that.He protects.I have thought about those guys many times over the years, but especially now.Because when I read stories about women allegedly being discussed, degraded or treated like something available for the taking, I think about being 19 years old on that couch.And I think about how differently that night could have ended.So wherever those guys from that fraternity basement at Slippery Rock are today:Thank you.I may not remember much about that night.But I remember how you treated me.And I always will.
Location: At the dude ranch / above the sea Gender:
Posted:
Oct 3, 2026 - 9:08am
rgio wrote:
It is a minefield of privilege, youth, emotion, poor judgement, and repugnant behavior, all tied up in enormous complexity.
If everyone is wrong, how do you access guilt or innocence?
All of that, complicated by a law in NY that may be well intentioned but doesn't provide answers either.
And, like so many things, what does it matter how I judge a situation that is that far away, that unknown to me? Why do I need to have an opinion on that case?
Locally, I have my standards and certainties and expectations. But this particular case, my âjudgementâ on it is unimportant and arguing about it is even more unimportant.
This forum has all kinds of threads for just about any topic you can think of.
I understand, its a very difficult issue to discuss. The inherent blame game is always lurking around it, but I find it interesting there's no Cornell Incident Thread.
I get it, its very complex, we don't know all the details, and we certainly don't want to try and convict here in our temple of choice.
Still, very telling about a deeply uncomfortable topic. Sometimes what is missing says a lot.
It is a minefield of privilege, youth, emotion, poor judgement, and repugnant behavior, all tied up in enormous complexity.
If everyone is wrong, how do you access guilt or innocence?
All of that, complicated by a law in NY that may be well intentioned but doesn't provide answers either.
This forum has all kinds of threads for just about any topic you can think of.
I understand, its a very difficult issue to discuss. The inherent blame game is always lurking around it, but I find it interesting there's no Cornell Incident Thread.
I get it, its very complex, we don't know all the details, and we certainly don't want to try and convict here in our temple of choice.
Still, very telling about a deeply uncomfortable topic. Sometimes what is missing says a lot.
This belongs in the "you know you're old when..." thread. Kids now have no idea what it's like to spit watermelon seeds. They grew up with only seedless watermelons.
They also don't have any reference for them not being mostly round.. This looks very strange to them...
What a huge one you got there! Reminded me of Mr Majestyk's...
The NFL games were a bit crazy; the Phillies avoided a monumental collapse to slide into the MLB playoffs; yet the most impressive athletic accomplishment for Americans happened under the radar in Montreal.
Brandon McNulty became the 3rd American ever to win the cycling World Championships. Lemond, Armstrong, and now McNulty. First time in 33 years.
273kms.... 6 hours and 17 minutes.
He broke away with 33kms to go, and the "big guns" didn't respect him enough to follow.
3 Americans in the top 10. Amazing day for American cycling.