Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8
Location: On the edge of tomorrow looking back at yesterday Gender:
Posted:
Oct 5, 2026 - 4:14pm
black321 wrote:
College football is a s#$tshow with "star" recruits who make millions sitting on the bench...draining funds from academics...
Create a premier league/semipro league of the top 30 or so schools (I believe these are the only schools that actually make a profit from their programs) and all the other schools go back to their amateur status and take the $ out.
Well the voted it amongst them selves for NIL. You go to college to learn first most and play sports secondary. I was always against this from the get go. They turned it into a job for the 1% that will make it to the Proâs.
College football is a s#$tshow with "star" recruits who make millions sitting on the bench...draining funds from academics...
Create a premier league/semipro league of the top 30 or so schools (I believe these are the only schools that actually make a profit from their programs) and all the other schools go back to their amateur status and take the $ out.
Buffalo vs. Jacksonville I recall being pretty good.
That Chicago LA Rams game was pretty wild. Playoff football is awesome in general, always a few clunkers here and there, but mostly tight games where every play matters.
A good defensive game is entertaining, a bad offensive game. This was the former for sure, on both sides.
If your team is in the game...it's never boring. Sure...good defenses... but the goal of both coaches was more "not lose" than win. Vrabel bet on Darnold making a mistake or two, and Mcdonald bet that Maye couldn't beat him because the left side of his line was weak.
13 punts and 4 field goals through 3 quarters was pretty boring. Darnold got lucky early with a few really questionable throws.
I hate to say it....but Mahommes gets better every time we're forced to watch others.
So the actual game: Good? Boring? I loved it, but then I love a "pitchers' duel" too.
Defense was amazing...and that obviously limited the offense...but I still think both quarterbacks choked a bit.
Thought the Buffalo/Denver game was the best of the playoffs.
Location: 544 miles west of Paradis 1821 miles east of Paradise Gender:
Posted:
Feb 9, 2026 - 9:33am
ColdMiser wrote:
Pickup your prize on the way out Coax!
Nice to see the Pats back in the game. Good young team with upside potential. The Superbowl certainly laid bare the areas that need improvement (offensive line, better receivers). Wonder how long till they get back.
I'd like to thank the Man upstairs, my parents, my wife, my son, and my 3rd-grade PE teacher for making this moment possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
This was more like driving a railroad spike with a tack hammer but they got it done. A touchdown at any point in the first 45 minutes and the Patriots could have gotten back into the game though. That makes it kind of tense.