Framed - movie guessing game
- Red_Dragon - May 12, 2025 - 9:42am
Wordle - daily game
- marko86 - May 12, 2025 - 9:41am
Trump
- Red_Dragon - May 12, 2025 - 9:29am
NY Times Strands
- ptooey - May 12, 2025 - 8:48am
Today in History
- islander - May 12, 2025 - 8:47am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- islander - May 12, 2025 - 8:07am
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - May 12, 2025 - 8:02am
NYTimes Connections
- ptooey - May 12, 2025 - 7:42am
No TuneIn Stream Lately
- rgio - May 12, 2025 - 5:46am
Global Warming
- rgio - May 12, 2025 - 4:39am
New Music
- miamizsun - May 12, 2025 - 3:47am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- winter - May 11, 2025 - 8:41pm
Name My Band
- GeneP59 - May 11, 2025 - 6:47pm
The Dragons' Roost
- triskele - May 11, 2025 - 5:58pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos
- Manbird - May 11, 2025 - 5:26pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- epsteel - May 11, 2025 - 12:30pm
Ukraine
- R_P - May 11, 2025 - 11:03am
Things You Thought Today
- GeneP59 - May 11, 2025 - 9:52am
Breaking News
- Steely_D - May 10, 2025 - 8:52pm
May 2025 Photo Theme - Action
- fractalv - May 10, 2025 - 7:54pm
Republican Party
- Red_Dragon - May 10, 2025 - 3:50pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - May 10, 2025 - 2:16pm
Israel
- R_P - May 10, 2025 - 1:18pm
Real Time with Bill Maher
- R_P - May 10, 2025 - 12:21pm
Artificial Intelligence
- q4Fry - May 10, 2025 - 10:01am
No Rock Mix on Alexa?
- epsteel - May 10, 2025 - 9:45am
Kodi Addon
- DaveInSaoMiguel - May 10, 2025 - 9:19am
What Makes You Laugh?
- Isabeau - May 10, 2025 - 5:53am
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see
- KurtfromLaQuinta - May 9, 2025 - 9:34pm
Immigration
- R_P - May 9, 2025 - 5:35pm
Basketball
- GeneP59 - May 9, 2025 - 4:58pm
The Obituary Page
- GeneP59 - May 9, 2025 - 4:45pm
Pink Floyd
- miamizsun - May 9, 2025 - 3:52pm
Freedom of speech?
- R_P - May 9, 2025 - 2:19pm
Questions.
- kurtster - May 8, 2025 - 11:56pm
How's the weather?
- GeneP59 - May 8, 2025 - 9:08pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - May 8, 2025 - 7:27pm
Save NPR and PBS - SIGN THE PETITION
- R_P - May 8, 2025 - 3:32pm
How about a stream of just the metadata?
- ednazarko - May 8, 2025 - 11:22am
Baseball, anyone?
- Red_Dragon - May 8, 2025 - 9:23am
no-money fun
- islander - May 8, 2025 - 7:55am
UFO's / Aliens blah blah blah: BOO !
- dischuckin - May 8, 2025 - 7:03am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- miamizsun - May 8, 2025 - 5:53am
Into The Wild
- Red_Dragon - May 7, 2025 - 7:34pm
Get the Money out of Politics!
- R_P - May 7, 2025 - 5:06pm
What Makes You Sad?
- Antigone - May 7, 2025 - 2:58pm
USA! USA! USA!
- R_P - May 7, 2025 - 2:33pm
The Perfect Government
- Proclivities - May 7, 2025 - 2:05pm
Musky Mythology
- R_P - May 7, 2025 - 10:13am
Living in America
- islander - May 7, 2025 - 9:38am
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote')
- JimTreadwell - May 7, 2025 - 8:08am
Pakistan
- Red_Dragon - May 6, 2025 - 2:21pm
SCOTUS
- R_P - May 6, 2025 - 1:53pm
Canada
- R_P - May 6, 2025 - 11:00am
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy
- ColdMiser - May 6, 2025 - 10:00am
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- ColdMiser - May 6, 2025 - 8:06am
What's your mood today?
- GeneP59 - May 6, 2025 - 6:57am
China
- R_P - May 5, 2025 - 6:01pm
Trump Lies™
- R_P - May 5, 2025 - 5:50pm
Song of the Day
- rgio - May 5, 2025 - 5:33am
Love the Cinco de Mayo celebration!
- miamizsun - May 5, 2025 - 3:53am
how do you feel right now?
- miamizsun - May 5, 2025 - 3:49am
Mixtape Culture Club
- miamizsun - May 5, 2025 - 3:48am
The Bucket List
- Red_Dragon - May 4, 2025 - 1:08pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- winter - May 4, 2025 - 9:28am
Australia
- R_P - May 3, 2025 - 11:37pm
M.A.G.A.
- R_P - May 3, 2025 - 6:52pm
Democratic Party
- Isabeau - May 3, 2025 - 5:04pm
Philly
- Proclivities - May 3, 2025 - 6:26am
Race in America
- R_P - May 2, 2025 - 12:01pm
Multi-Room AirPlay using iOS app on Mac M
- downbeat - May 2, 2025 - 8:11am
YouTube: Music-Videos
- black321 - May 1, 2025 - 6:44pm
Museum of Iconic Album Covers
- Proclivities - May 1, 2025 - 12:24pm
Regarding cats
- Isabeau - May 1, 2025 - 12:11pm
When I need a Laugh I ...
- Isabeau - May 1, 2025 - 10:37am
|
|
Index »
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
|
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 Next |
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Oct 7, 2026 - 8:52am |
|
Because Because Because Because BECAUSE
|
|
Honnie


|
|
Posted:
Oct 3, 2026 - 3:16pm |
|
He was an all-around cowboy
Back in eighty-nine
From the top, it's been a long way down
Since the whiskey and the women
Started winnin' his time
They rode him high and hard to the ground
|
|
mannixj


|
|
Posted:
Oct 1, 2026 - 8:08am |
|
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.
|
|
mannixj


|
|
Posted:
Sep 29, 2026 - 11:51am |
|
the ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Sep 22, 2026 - 10:01am |
|
To dance the Bamba
You need a little bit of grace
A little bit of grace for me, for you
Up and up
And up and up, and up I will go
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Sep 15, 2026 - 11:01am |
|
On a hilltop, on a sky-rise
Like a firstborn child
And at full tilt, and in full flight
Defeat darkness, breakin' daylight
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Sep 8, 2026 - 7:55pm |
|
Where Ma Rainey and Beethoven once unwrapped their bedroll
Tuba players now, rehearse around the flagpole
And the National Bank at a profit sells road maps for the soul
To the old folks home and the college
I wish I could write you a melody so plain
That could hold you dear lady from going insane
That can ease you, cool you, and cease the pain
Of your useless and pointless knowledge
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Aug 22, 2026 - 9:35am |
|
Who are these men of lust, greed and glory?
Rip off the masks and let's see
But that's not right, oh no, what's the story?
Look, there's you and there's me
|
|
kurtster

Location: where fear is not a virtue Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Aug 18, 2026 - 9:28am |
|
Good morning, Mr. Blue, we've got our eyes on you
The evidence is clear, that you've been scheming
You'd like to steal away and while away the day
You'd like to spend an hour dreaming
What will it take, to whip you into line?
A broken heart? A broken head?
It can be arranged. It can be arranged
Step softly, Mr. Blue, we know what's best for you
We know where your precious dreams will take you
You've got a slot to fill, and fill that slot you will
You'll learn to love it, or we'll break you
What will it take, to whip you into line?
A broken heart? A broken head?
It can be arranged. It can be arranged
Be careful, Mr. Blue, this phase you're going through
Can lead you nowhere else but to disaster
Excuse us while we grin, you've worn our patience thin
It's time we showed you who's your master
What will it take, to whip you into line?
A broken heart? A broken head?
It can be arranged. It can be arranged
Don't worry, Mr. Blue, we'll take good care of you
Just think of it as sense and not surrender
But never think again, that you can think again
Or you'll get something you'll remember
What will it take, to whip you into line?
A broken heart? A broken head?
It can be arranged. It can be arranged
Tom Paxton ~ Mr Blue
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Aug 18, 2026 - 8:33am |
|
Our town, our town, do love a stampede
Stampede by my old jacket in the park
Someday I'll pick it up, look for the label and whisper:
|
|
SeriousLee

Location: Dans l'milieu d'deux milles livres 
|
|
Posted:
Jul 25, 2026 - 10:52am |
|
I need somewhere that's safe to run
It can't just be with anyone
It's got to be with you
|
|
Dejaveux

Location: Fiddy bucks 
|
|
Posted:
Jul 16, 2026 - 3:18pm |
|
oldviolin wrote:
Don't forget your history
Know your destiny
In the abundance of water
The fool is thirsty
Spot on.
|
|
islander

Location: West coast somewhere Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Jul 16, 2026 - 3:09pm |
|
The kingdom is ransacked, the jewels all taken back
And the chopper descends
They're hidden in the back, with a message on a half-baked tape
With the spool going round, saying I'm back here in this place
|
|
black321

Location: An earth without maps Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Jul 8, 2026 - 10:39am |
|
Socialism, hypnotism, patriotism, materialism
Fools making laws for the breaking of jaws
And the sound of the keys as they clink
But there's no time to think.
|
|
joxmox


|
|
Posted:
Jul 5, 2026 - 3:16pm |
|
call me mellow yellow
(it was the lebanese hash, red if little stronger)
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Jul 5, 2026 - 10:47am |
|
Don't forget your history
Know your destiny
In the abundance of water
The fool is thirsty
|
|
Red_Dragon

Location: Gilead 
|
|
Posted:
Jul 1, 2026 - 8:54pm |
|
Go ahead, push your luck
Find out how much love the world can hold
Once upon a time I had control
And reined my soul in tight
Well the whole truth
Is like the story of a wave unfurled
But I held the evil of the world
So I stopped the tide
Froze it up from inside
And it felt like a winter machine
That you go through and then
You catch your breath and winter starts again
And everyone else is spring bound
And when I chose to live
There was no joy, it's just a line I crossed
It wasn't worth the pain my death would cost
So I was not lost or found
And if I was to sleep
I knew my family had more truth to tell
And so I traveled down a whispering well
To know myself through them
Growing up, my mom had a room full of books
And hid away in there
Her father raging down a spiral stair
Till he found someone
Most days his son
And sometimes I think
My father, too, was a refugee
I know they tried to keep their pain from me
They could not see what it was for
But now I'm sleeping fine
Sometimes the truth is like a second chance
I am the daughter of a great romance
And they are the children of the war
Well the sun rose with so many colors
It nearly broke my heart
And worked me over like a work of art
And I was a part of all that
So go ahead, push your luck
Say what it is you've got to say to me
We will push on into that mystery
And it'll push right back
And there are worse things than that
Cause for every price
And every penance that I could think of
It's better to have fallen in love
Than never to have fallen at all
Cause when you live in a world
Well it gets in to who you thought you'd be
And now I laugh at how the world changed me
I think life chose me after all
Dar Williams - After All
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Jun 26, 2026 - 7:37am |
|
Long as I remember the rain been comin' down
Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground
Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun
And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain?
|
|
ColdMiser

Location: On the Trail Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Jun 18, 2026 - 10:25am |
|
I pass the houses of the dead
They're calling me to join their group
But I stagger on instead
Dear God, sweet God
Protect me from the truth, hey
I'm dead but I don't know it
He's dead, he's dead
I'm dead but I don't know
He's dead, he's dead
I'm dead but I don't know it
He's dead, he's dead
Please don't tell me so
Let me, let me, let me go
|
|
oldviolin

Location: esse quam videri Gender:  
|
|
Posted:
Jun 13, 2026 - 5:02pm |
|
In the fog and in the rain
Through the pleasures and the pain
On the step outside you stand
With your flowers in your hand, my Apple Scruffs
|
|
Warning: pg_close(): supplied resource is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /var/www/html/rp3.php on line 474
|