Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8
I'm not actually sure. I hear it called oil, but I think it's some sticky sort of binder that never dries out/holds moisture so it keeps the top layer clumpy. I think farmers just use old motor oil after they've soaked fence posts in it.
Down here it's used motor oil. Great for the environment.
I'm not actually sure. I hear it called oil, but I think it's some sticky sort of binder that never dries out/holds moisture so it keeps the top layer clumpy. I think farmers just use old motor oil after they've soaked fence posts in it.
Sweet horrible irony is he's been telling his county commission to cut spending so their budget for dust abatement treatment for dirt roads must've been on the chopping block.
Sweet horrible irony is he's been telling his county commission to cut spending so their budget for dust abatement treatment for dirt roads must've been on the chopping block.
Area Man lives on dirt road, complains about it.
He's one of those moved-here-from-somewhere-else guys who wants to live the maga life. Posts all sorts of nutter stuff on the FB page he shares with his wife.
Kudos to the young man, though. I'd have accidentally sideswiped some mailboxes or a fence, I just know it. Can't be helped.
Area Man lives on dirt road, complains about it.
He's one of those moved-here-from-somewhere-else guys who wants to live the maga life. Posts all sorts of nutter stuff on the FB page he shares with his wife.
Kudos to the young man, though. I'd have accidentally sideswiped some mailboxes or a fence, I just know it. Can't be helped.
Cool. I imagine it's quite an undertaking to refurb that sign - especially all that neon.
Some of the newer LED tech is really great for artistic lighting (we are putting a lot of it in boats). The only thing neon really has on it is the hum.
Lots of history to that place. Took JFW's mother there one afternoon for a coke and fries. The kitchen was closed but they brought us cokes. Later I learned that it had been a strip club for a few years. Yes I took my mother in law to a strip club.
You could buy the shirt! What's odd to me is that as derelict and abandoned as the place clearly is these days, I put a couple of laminated flyers up that only people who got out of their cars would see; they had a QR code linking to this. They were taken down by someone almost immediately.
Cool. I imagine it's quite an undertaking to refurb that sign - especially all that neon.
Lots of history to that place. Took JFW's mother there one afternoon for a coke and fries. The kitchen was closed but they brought us cokes. Later I learned that it had been a strip club for a few years. Yes I took my mother in law to a strip club.
You could buy the shirt! What's odd to me is that as derelict and abandoned as the place clearly is these days, I put a couple of laminated flyers up that only people who got out of their cars would see; they had a QR code linking to this. They were taken down by someone almost immediately.
Location: Really deep in the heart of South California Gender:
Posted:
Mar 30, 2026 - 7:09am
ScottFromWyoming wrote:
Lies! Unless they're saying wind chill or something. It got down to 25 on Friday morning, I think. It's 66 now and will flirt with freezing temps for the next few weeks. But I'm watering the grass weeds and trees.
Congratulations on SFW's hometown for having the lowest temperature in the lower 48 of 7 F. yesterday.
It was 75 F. here this morning.
Lies! Unless they're saying wind chill or something. It got down to 25 on Friday morning, I think. It's 66 now and will flirt with freezing temps for the next few weeks. But I'm watering the grass weeds and trees.
Does she claim some Indigenous American heritage? Otherwise that's some serious cultural/ethnic appropriation, innit?
SFW will surely opine... but we were told that they aren't generally seen as appropriation. They were/are sold by native artists as jewelry moreso than sacred items.
EDIT... he beat me to the callout. My wife has one from our travels. All was good until about 10-15 years ago...
Does she claim some Indigenous American heritage? Otherwise that's some serious cultural/ethnic appropriation, innit?
Not that I've ever heard. And they do make the stuff for old white ladies to wear so I think it's okay but yes. Also it's not an appropriation from the Wyoming tribes, AFAIK so hey.