[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Jul 5, 2022 - 6:06am
 
RP Metadata and Album Art - Steely_D - Jul 5, 2022 - 5:37am
 
Wordle - daily game - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 5, 2022 - 12:08am
 
Today, I learned... - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 4, 2022 - 11:49pm
 
seriously? - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:03pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:00pm
 
Favorite Quotes - Manbird - Jul 4, 2022 - 8:50pm
 
Name My Band - Manbird - Jul 4, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - haresfur - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:13pm
 
Things You Thought Today - steeler - Jul 4, 2022 - 9:51am
 
Radio Paradise for Android Automotive - jens547 - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:42am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Jul 4, 2022 - 7:38am
 
Porcupine Tree to tour in late 2022 - kurtster - Jul 3, 2022 - 9:37pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:54pm
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Antigone - Jul 3, 2022 - 5:46pm
 
The Grateful Dead - Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:30am
 
Gentle Giant - Steely_D - Jul 3, 2022 - 6:26am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Alchemist - Jul 2, 2022 - 3:42pm
 
US Empire - R_P - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:56pm
 
Mind Control - Manbird - Jul 2, 2022 - 2:39pm
 
Tech & Science - GeneP59 - Jul 2, 2022 - 1:29pm
 
Trump - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 2, 2022 - 12:03pm
 
Living in America - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2022 - 8:14am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jul 2, 2022 - 6:54am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - kurtster - Jul 1, 2022 - 10:42pm
 
Religion - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:15pm
 
Joe Biden - Bill_J - Jul 1, 2022 - 4:49pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2022 - 3:06pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:51pm
 
Ratings - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 1:10pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 1, 2022 - 9:24am
 
Things for which you would sell ManBird's soul - islander - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:57am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - ColdMiser - Jul 1, 2022 - 8:52am
 
d'oh! or what I would've said if I'd had a half hour to t... - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:30pm
 
Ukraine - R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 8:12pm
 
Procrastinators Anonymous - oldviolin - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:36pm
 
New Song Submissions system - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 30, 2022 - 3:21pm
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - black321 - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:48pm
 
The Obituary Page - kurtster - Jun 30, 2022 - 12:18pm
 
The Abortion Wars - R_P - Jun 30, 2022 - 11:31am
 
True Confessions - oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 10:19pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:54pm
 
Beer - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 29, 2022 - 3:08pm
 
Education - Isabeau - Jun 29, 2022 - 2:47pm
 
Android 11 lock screen widget - jkforde - Jun 29, 2022 - 1:58pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - oldviolin - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:38pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 12:32pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:35am
 
Breaking News - R_P - Jun 29, 2022 - 11:20am
 
Chemosabe, the further adventures of ... - kurtster - Jun 29, 2022 - 9:04am
 
Art Show - oldviolin - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:52pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 8:47pm
 
Highly stylized photos that you've taken - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 28, 2022 - 2:54pm
 
Russia - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 1:00pm
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:58am
 
Fiverr Anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2022 - 11:27am
 
Love is... - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:55am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 28, 2022 - 9:38am
 
You might be getting old if...... - kurtster - Jun 28, 2022 - 7:31am
 
Fascism American-style - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:56pm
 
I am Thinking of: - maryte - Jun 27, 2022 - 2:14pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 27, 2022 - 1:27pm
 
Guns - kcar - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:27am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Economix - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:14am
 
M.A.G.A. - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Using Words to Frame a Political Issue - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:52am
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:40am
 
Words, acronyms, whatever, that changed meaning - Proclivities - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:43am
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:55pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:43pm
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Antigone - Jun 25, 2022 - 4:48pm
 
Terrorist Watch! - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:58pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » RightWingNutZ Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 140, 141, 142  Next
Post to this Topic
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 11:31am

 kurtster wrote:
The election is over and Biden won. Right ?  I have agreed.  Trump tried to make his cases and lost.  He was clearly never going to win any court case before it started.  No one ever has.  It was his right to do so regardless of the outcomes.  Yet you all collectively object to his right to do so.

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.

Why is this so hard for you all or any of you to admit ?
 
um, maybe because by association you are implying there will automatically be a miscarriage of justice in such situations, nudge, nudge, wink, wink
(which, btw, has absolutely no relevance to the fact that Trump actually did lose the election, which you yourself openly admit)

Now, let's address the subtext to your claim, which is fully in line with the openly corrosive attitude Trump himself instigated towards the very institutions that keep elections fair and square and democracy ticking over. 

Here, despite your feigned innocence, you are also pushing the line that the institutions of government are corrupt and therefore no longer deserve your allegiance.

It's a very short step from that to armed insurrection, which is basically what Jan. 6 was, albeit a pretty half-arsed attempt. Is this really the road you want to go down? 
 
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 11:29am

 kurtster wrote:

The election is over and Biden won. Right ?  I have agreed.  Trump tried to make his cases and lost.  He was clearly never going to win any court case before it started.  No one ever has.  It was his right to do so regardless of the outcomes.  Yet you all collectively object to his right to do so.

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.

Why is this so hard for you all or any of you to admit ?


I will tell you why.  Trump’s challenges and those brought on his behalf in court did not just fall short of the mark, they generally were dismissed with scathing language because they were frivolous or bordered on being frivolous. In some cases, the attorneys who filed were subject to sanctions. That is why I posted the quotes from the opinion of U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann in Pennsylvania. He acknowledges the incredibly high bar confronting the plaintiffs (this is the part you latched onto) and expresses in no uncertain terms his exasperation and incredulity over the scarcity of evidence and legal argument presented given that high bar and the unprecedented relief requested (this is the part you ignored). That opinion speaks for itself — and there were others like it.

You make it sound as if Trump’s challenges had merit, but they stood no chance because of the high bar and the cowardice of the judges hearing the cases. That was not the case — far from it. Once again, context matters.

Trump isn’t Don Quixote in this scenario. His intent was not, and is not, benign. It is malevolent.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 10:58am

The election is over and Biden won. Right ?  I have agreed.  Trump tried to make his cases and lost.  He was clearly never going to win any court case before it started.  No one ever has.  It was his right to do so regardless of the outcomes.  Yet you all collectively object to his right to do so.

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.

Why is this so hard for you all or any of you to admit ?
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 9:59am

 kcar wrote:
Multiple groups outside of the courts examined the claims and found they had no merit. Bill Barr, Trump's AG, found that the election was free and fair. 

This isn't a theory...it's fact.  There were no issues with the election.  None.  Even his own supporters are repeatedly stating there was nothing.  It's over.

Yet, Kurt and his 50 million want to excuse the damage that the lie inflicts on individuals and the country.  He is a grifter and the leader of a cult.  The devotees just wanna believe at all costs, and the outsiders shake their heads and wonder how so many people could fall into the trap.  

kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 8:52am

 kurtster wrote:

Again with the standard being enough fraud to cast doubts on the outcome of an election, no judge is going to say there is enough to overturn a election and call for a revote regardless of how much fraud is demonstrated.  You say that any judge would overturn an election result if there was enough fraud or simply doubt for that matter (as in the case of Florida years ago Bush / Gore) demonstrated and call for a revote.  I disagree. 

Just how would a state wide revote work for a presidential election ?  Would it just be for the presidential vote or all votes ?  This is a germane question.

It is totally impractical and undo-able and that is my point.


"We've got lots of theories, we just don't have the evidence."

Kurt, Trump's legal team filed something like 63 court cases in multiple states. Multiple judges presiding over those cases rejected almost every case presented for lack of evidence. Trump's team won one case which got overturned on appeal.

Do you seriously expect us to believe that all those judges secretly conspired to ignore valid claims and solid evidence because new elections would've been "too hard"?

Multiple groups outside of the courts examined the claims and found they had no merit. Bill Barr, Trump's AG, found that the election was free and fair. 

You admitted that Trump lost the election. Come out of your sofa cushion fort and stop spouting factless conspiracy bullshit.
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 8:38am

I've looked at clouds from both sides now and I still say they are chemtrails.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 8:13am

 Red_Dragon wrote:
Donald Trump is Jesus Christ...
 
No, he isn't.  Just because you found a couple of buffoons wearing T shirts proclaiming that does not make it true or even a wide spread belief.

That is like you wearing a T shirt saying that Biden is the best POTUS ever.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 7:56am

 Red_Dragon wrote:


Donald Trump is Jesus Christ...


Q: Donald Trump is...!
me: *facepalm* "Jesus Christ...."
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 6:57am

 steeler wrote:
 kurtster wrote:
The bolded makes my point as far as I am concerned.

Your stupefying propensity to ignore everything and anything that negates or even casts doubt upon your argument is once again on full display. Points for consistency, though.

 
Again with the standard being enough fraud to cast doubts on the outcome of an election, no judge is going to say there is enough to overturn a election and call for a revote regardless of how much fraud is demonstrated.  You say that any judge would overturn an election result if there was enough fraud or simply doubt for that matter (as in the case of Florida years ago Bush / Gore) demonstrated and call for a revote.  I disagree. 

Just how would a state wide revote work for a presidential election ?  Would it just be for the presidential vote or all votes ?  This is a germane question.

It is totally impractical and undo-able and that is my point.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 5:20am

 rgio wrote:


I started a response...and then backed out.  

It's pointless.  Jared takes $2B from the MBS, DJT solicits $250M by claiming he's going to fight the fake election and then sends the money to his PAC and then his friends and family and business, and the details of Hunter's $600k per year are the most explosive cover-up in the history of US politics?

What's amazing is that Fox and the right continue to spin Russia collusion as some sort of hoax, when the final report issued by the Senate details how the Trump campaign worked with Russia.  As usual, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.


Donald Trump is Jesus Christ...
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 5:18am

 steeler wrote:

Your stupefying propensity to ignore everything and anything that negates your argument is once again on full display. Points for consistency, though.


I started a response...and then backed out.  

It's pointless.  Jared takes $2B from the MBS, DJT solicits $250M by claiming he's going to fight the fake election and then sends the money to his PAC and then his friends and family and business, and the details of Hunter's $600k per year are the most explosive cover-up in the history of US politics?

What's amazing is that Fox and the right continue to spin Russia collusion as some sort of hoax, when the final report issued by the Senate details how the Trump campaign worked with Russia.  As usual, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 5:10am

 kurtster wrote:
The bolded makes my point as far as I am concerned.

Your stupefying propensity to ignore everything and anything that negates or even casts doubt upon your argument is once again on full display. Points for consistency, though.




kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 10:04pm

 steeler wrote:
 kurtster wrote:

Across the board ?  Of course most judges will decide a case on its merits. With a presidential election (especially this one) where the standard is as vague as enough or substantial ? Nope, no way in hell is one judge going to throw the country into total chaos and put their life on the line for that.  Its pragmatism. Hasn't happened yet in our modern history that I am aware of.  The last major case of voter fraud in a presidential election that I can think of was in 1960.  The election was not overturned.

“This Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence,” U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann wrote.

“In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more.” “This Court has been unable to find any case in which a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated,” he said, “One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption … That has not happened.”
 
The bolded makes my point as far as I am concerned.

.
 rgio wrote:
 kurtster wrote:

As I have said before ... Yes, he lost the fucking election.

Now since you and no one else here cares about the truth regarding the now proven illegitimate Russian Collusion CT that was used to undermine and attempt to overthrow his presidency the entire 4 years of his term, tell me why I should care about January 6th.

I think your definition of "proof" ignores many of the details...otherwise referred to as facts.

Just because he wasn't removed from office doesn't mean he was innocent.  The irony of the two cases is that in the first Barr lied to protect Trump (and his job).  When that job was lost in the election, Barr apparently found his sense of duty and reason and turns on Trump. 

Either way, what happened with regards to Russia has nothing to do with January 6.

Since you agree that the election has been lost, how do you continue to support someone that refuses to accept that outcome?  Someone who profits from its perpetuation, and that causes millions to distrust an election process that works well.  It's not perfect, but you can't find cases of fraud.  The ones you do find are overwhelmingly likely to be Trump supporters.

We can disagree on energy policy, the environment, tax rates, abortion, guns...that's fine.  What we can't disagree on is that the country and its form of government are worth saving.  We can disagree on the right size of that government, but I think we agree on the general form.  Trump has attacked OUR government (yours and mine) more aggressively than anyone since the civil war.  He was and is still attempting to destroy our democracy.  He plotted to evade the rules solely for personal gain.  That can't be allowed.

That's why you should care about Jan 6.  

 

The Russia Collusion CT has everything to do with it.  Evidently by your response you still believe it to be true.  Why it has everything to do with Jan 6 is that it is the frame of mind that was in the forefront of every one's minds present and still is in the background of the minds of some 50 million people.  It was kept alive with the heavily orchestrated suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story being prevented from being mentioned in any social media before the election because it was "Russian disinformation".  There are more ways to win an election besides actual voter fraud.  The Mueller investigation knew before it started that there was no there, there yet continued because the real purpose was to cause the House to flip in the coming midterm election.  Same as this current investigation is meant to keep the House from flipping back.

We agree that the storming of the Capitol was wrong, at any level.  But we disagree over this being an insurrection.  It was a one off riot that could have been prevented had simple basic security for the anticipated size of the crowd that showed up, been present.  In my view, this riot was enabled by those responsible for the security of the Capitol.  Curiously, that part of the investigation is being suppressed.

What is Trump's future ?  Got me at this point.  If the investigation is for the purpose of driving an oak stake in Trump's heart, it will likely fail.  It only plays to the base if it ignores the security failures.  Include that and more will pay attention.

Refusal to acknowledge the Russia Collusion CT as an outright hoax which included endless coordinated illegal activity by the DNC, DOJ / FBI in at least FISA warrant abuses and putting an actual government spy in a political opponents campaign inner circle (and in the Oval Office) is what keeps Trump's support alive.  It is viewed as worse than Watergate by those 50 million mentioned and nothing is being done to acknowledge that concern.  And is seen as still ongoing to this day.  The perps are in the White House as a direct result of this continuous ongoing effort.

I'm only trying to offer an explanation for how people you dismiss perceive the events of January 6, 2021.  You may not agree with this perception, but make no mistake it is real and so far there is nothing going on that will change it as it presently stands.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 8:38pm

 rgio wrote:

Rudy belongs in jail for the lies he told.  Sure...we heard this all before... but not in this level of detail.

TESTIMONY OF WANDREA ARSHAYE (“SHAYE”) MOSS



That was heartbreaking, her and her mother.
And Trump, being an asshole liar, besmirching their names. It accomplished what it was meant to do: put a human, personal, relatable face on the people that get left in his wake as he grasped desperately at the power that wasn't his.

rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 12:25pm

Rudy belongs in jail for the lies he told.  Sure...we heard this all before... but not in this level of detail.

TESTIMONY OF WANDREA ARSHAYE (“SHAYE”) MOSS
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jun 19, 2022 - 9:37am

Republican Drive to Tilt Courts Against Climate Action Reaches a Crucial Moment
A Supreme Court environmental case being decided this month is the product of a coordinated, multiyear strategy by Republican attorneys general and conservative allies.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2022 - 9:56am

 Steely_D wrote:


I'm just enjoying that it's South Carolina and a white woman applauding a black man.


Anything for the party!
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 16, 2022 - 9:24am

 Red_Dragon wrote:

Well, that's what Jesus would do, right?


I'm just enjoying that it's South Carolina and a white woman applauding a black man.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 16, 2022 - 6:41am

 Steely_D wrote:
Bring back the HUAC and begin the executions.

"You know what South Carolina, this is our guy!" 

It's one of the rules in the MAGA playbook..." when everything is ________, then nothing is _________."   The current word is treason.

It's amazing to listen to black Republicans talk longingly about the structures and morals of the 1950s.   Their willingness to pander to white American, racist themes just proves there is no floor to MAGA principles.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2022 - 6:27am

 Steely_D wrote:
Bring back the HUAC and begin the executions.

"You know what South Carolina, this is our guy!" 


Well, that's what Jesus would do, right?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 140, 141, 142  Next