[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Wordle - daily game - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 15, 2022 - 9:02am
 
Trump - steeler - Aug 15, 2022 - 8:30am
 
Interesting Words - Steely_D - Aug 15, 2022 - 8:19am
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - GeneP59 - Aug 15, 2022 - 8:19am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Aug 15, 2022 - 8:12am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - ColdMiser - Aug 15, 2022 - 6:35am
 
Today in History - Bill_J - Aug 15, 2022 - 6:27am
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - Red_Dragon - Aug 15, 2022 - 5:23am
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Manbird - Aug 14, 2022 - 8:40pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Aug 14, 2022 - 3:36pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Manbird - Aug 14, 2022 - 2:14pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Aug 14, 2022 - 1:31pm
 
RPeep News You Should Know - islander - Aug 14, 2022 - 1:17pm
 
Automotive Lust - R_P - Aug 14, 2022 - 11:34am
 
Fix My Car - GeneP59 - Aug 14, 2022 - 10:45am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - acaciascapes - Aug 14, 2022 - 9:20am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Aug 14, 2022 - 8:44am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Aug 14, 2022 - 7:55am
 
DARWIN AWARDS! - POST YOUR NOMINATION! - Coaxial - Aug 13, 2022 - 5:03pm
 
China - R_P - Aug 13, 2022 - 3:29pm
 
Brian Eno - R_P - Aug 13, 2022 - 1:23pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Aug 13, 2022 - 11:15am
 
Democratic Party - Red_Dragon - Aug 13, 2022 - 8:38am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - Coaxial - Aug 13, 2022 - 7:03am
 
Health Care - miamizsun - Aug 13, 2022 - 6:37am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - miamizsun - Aug 13, 2022 - 6:32am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Aug 12, 2022 - 3:33pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - GeneP59 - Aug 12, 2022 - 12:59pm
 
Abiogenesis! - R_P - Aug 12, 2022 - 12:02pm
 
PASS THE BEER - kcar - Aug 12, 2022 - 11:33am
 
It's the economy stupid. - rgio - Aug 12, 2022 - 9:06am
 
What's Precious and Sacred to Islam? - Red_Dragon - Aug 12, 2022 - 8:38am
 
Floyd forum - Proclivities - Aug 12, 2022 - 8:12am
 
So... what's been happening here lately? - sunybuny - Aug 12, 2022 - 5:44am
 
Time to lawyer up! - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 11, 2022 - 10:52pm
 
Climate Change - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2022 - 5:11pm
 
Ukraine - black321 - Aug 11, 2022 - 2:31pm
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - Proclivities - Aug 11, 2022 - 10:35am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2022 - 10:04am
 
How to Use RP? - kcar - Aug 11, 2022 - 9:53am
 
Republican Party - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 11, 2022 - 9:20am
 
Got Road Rage? - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2022 - 8:12am
 
Russia - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 11, 2022 - 7:52am
 
>>>>>>Knitted - Antigone - Aug 11, 2022 - 2:37am
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 10, 2022 - 9:34pm
 
India - Red_Dragon - Aug 10, 2022 - 4:36pm
 
godnarb: the Lunchurch - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 10, 2022 - 11:24am
 
Peace - thisbody - Aug 10, 2022 - 8:59am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - black321 - Aug 10, 2022 - 7:01am
 
Derplahoma! - sunybuny - Aug 10, 2022 - 6:02am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - GeneP59 - Aug 9, 2022 - 4:37pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 9, 2022 - 4:19pm
 
MQA Stream Coming to BLUOS - robin2 - Aug 9, 2022 - 11:47am
 
RPeeps who would have a sense of humor if they were not s... - miamizsun - Aug 9, 2022 - 10:14am
 
Things that make you happy - GeneP59 - Aug 9, 2022 - 8:47am
 
unusual time signatures - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 9, 2022 - 8:26am
 
Best/worst white reggae/ska/rcksteady - thisbody - Aug 9, 2022 - 6:54am
 
More reggae, less Marley please - thisbody - Aug 9, 2022 - 6:48am
 
Media Bias - Red_Dragon - Aug 9, 2022 - 6:34am
 
Things Forgotten. - Steely_D - Aug 8, 2022 - 10:24pm
 
Things You Thought Today - oldviolin - Aug 8, 2022 - 7:28pm
 
Cheney, Dick - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 8, 2022 - 10:36am
 
Joe Biden - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 8, 2022 - 10:18am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Aug 8, 2022 - 9:56am
 
Food - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 8, 2022 - 9:56am
 
John Lennon's Jukebox - thisbody - Aug 8, 2022 - 4:55am
 
Portishead S. O. S. - geoff_morphini - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:43pm
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2022 - 6:51pm
 
Ridiculous or Funny Spam - Steely_D - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:47am
 
Tech & Science - Red_Dragon - Aug 6, 2022 - 3:17pm
 
The Abortion Wars - black321 - Aug 6, 2022 - 8:39am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - BlueHeronDruid - Aug 5, 2022 - 8:37pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Aug 5, 2022 - 12:58pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Aug 5, 2022 - 10:09am
 
Least Successful Phishing Scams - geoff_morphini - Aug 5, 2022 - 9:19am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » RightWingNutZ Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142, 143, 144  Next
Post to this Topic
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 25, 2022 - 6:58am

Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene Are Panic-Tweeting After Revelations They Sought Pardons
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 5:19pm

 Isabeau wrote:

I give these self righteous Inquisitors about 5 years, before ballooning foster care systems and state assistance program costs 



About 20 years after Roe was made the law of the land, crime rates dropped significantly. Reagan and Bush took credit, of course.
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 4:59pm

I give these self righteous Inquisitors about 5 years, before ballooning foster care systems and state assistance program costs push them to begin using Paternal DNA testing to force child support, married or not.  Wealthy 'pubs don't care about the average guy; they care about power and money. We all know that having a child in this country is akin to purchasing a new car: as soon as that baby leaves the lot, it's value immediately depreciates.
 
Here in Texas they are brutal when it comes to divorced dads shorting on child support - after x amount of missed payments - immediate policy is: No Judge, No court, No BS, straight to jail for 30 days, the first time. The second, its 60 days. The third time, its 90. I've actually heard from divorced men who have dealt with the very real wrath of this. I won't put it past the aristo-political class Republicans pushing to save money, ready and willing to make DNA Daddy pay. Married or not. They want 'em born, but they damn well aren't going to pay to raise them. Fines and the threat of jail can force DNA samples; otherwise, it can easily be retrieved with or without his knowledge or consent.  
Privacy my son? Not anymore.


rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 2:29pm

 kurtster wrote:
You don't need a re-do....you need to assess the facts and remove the questionable or erroneous votes from the count.  You don't invalidate all votes, just the ones that you can prove are bad.


FWIW...unless you have a situation like Bush v. Gore... the potential to impact the overall election is very small.  In Trumps' case, he needed massive fraud in multiple states.  He didn't find any, let alone enough to change anything. His only hope was to "find 11,800 votes" from his friends in GA... and he still loses.  That my friend... is fraud.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 2:26pm

 rgio wrote:
Nobody here will concede that a judge will (NOT) overturn an election...unless you can show proof.  Facts.  Provide proof and I might concede.
 
FYT

I'm glad you asked ...
Can a redo be held for a presidential election?
Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Owl Creek Bridge
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 12:57pm

 kcar wrote:

Last seen staring down from the tiny dusty window of Kurt's mental attic:

https://i-insider-com.cdn.ampp...




kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 12:54pm

Last seen staring down from the tiny dusty window of Kurt's mental attic:

https://i-insider-com.cdn.ampp...

rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 11:55am

 kurtster wrote:

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.


It would happen...IF...

- You show up with names of underage voters (GA)
- You show the ballots / provide the names of illegal aliens voting (AZ)
- You list the names of the dead people who voted (Philly)
- You show the suitcases of ballots that arrived in the middle of the night and show those voters are not valid (GA)
- You show how the Dominion Voting System machine malfunctioned/were manipulated.
- You get ahold of the USB sticks with votes (PA)
- You show poll workers changing votes (PA)

... and 50 more totally made-up claims....

Show up to a judge with proof, and you're damn right a judge would set aside votes and stop the proceedings.

But it's never happened, so why the fascination?  Do you think it's some sort of anti-Republican conspiracy that liberal judges won't stop?  Read that again...it's insane.   Judges will do the right thing because they hate being overturned on appeal.  The only judges who can be political work in DC, and you know they'd rush to throw out a result that hurt their party.

Nobody here will concede that a judge will overturn an election...unless you can show proof.  Facts.  Provide proof and I might concede.


steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 11:49am

 rgio wrote:

This isn't a theory...it's fact.  There were no issues with the election.  None.  Even his own supporters are repeatedly stating there was nothing.  It's over.

Yet, Kurt and his 50 million want to excuse the damage that the lie inflicts on individuals and the country.  He is a grifter and the leader of a cult.  The devotees just wanna believe at all costs, and the outsiders shake their heads and wonder how so many people could fall into the trap.  


A lesson in the power of propaganda playing out in real time in America, Astonishingly,  even the Propaganda 101 exercised by Trump sways multitudes. 

NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 11:31am

 kurtster wrote:
The election is over and Biden won. Right ?  I have agreed.  Trump tried to make his cases and lost.  He was clearly never going to win any court case before it started.  No one ever has.  It was his right to do so regardless of the outcomes.  Yet you all collectively object to his right to do so.

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.

Why is this so hard for you all or any of you to admit ?
 
um, maybe because by association you are implying there will automatically be a miscarriage of justice in such situations, nudge, nudge, wink, wink
(which, btw, has absolutely no relevance to the fact that Trump actually did lose the election, which you yourself openly admit)

Now, let's address the subtext to your claim, which is fully in line with the openly corrosive attitude Trump himself instigated towards the very institutions that keep elections fair and square and democracy ticking over. 

Here, despite your feigned innocence, you are also pushing the line that the institutions of government are corrupt and therefore no longer deserve your allegiance.

It's a very short step from that to armed insurrection, which is basically what Jan. 6 was, albeit a pretty half-arsed attempt. Is this really the road you want to go down? 
 
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 11:29am

 kurtster wrote:

The election is over and Biden won. Right ?  I have agreed.  Trump tried to make his cases and lost.  He was clearly never going to win any court case before it started.  No one ever has.  It was his right to do so regardless of the outcomes.  Yet you all collectively object to his right to do so.

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.

Why is this so hard for you all or any of you to admit ?


I will tell you why.  Trump’s challenges and those brought on his behalf in court did not just fall short of the mark, they generally were dismissed with scathing language because they were frivolous or bordered on being frivolous. In some cases, the attorneys who filed were subject to sanctions. That is why I posted the quotes from the opinion of U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann in Pennsylvania. He acknowledges the incredibly high bar confronting the plaintiffs (this is the part you latched onto) and expresses in no uncertain terms his exasperation and incredulity over the scarcity of evidence and legal argument presented given that high bar and the unprecedented relief requested (this is the part you ignored). That opinion speaks for itself — and there were others like it.

You make it sound as if Trump’s challenges had merit, but they stood no chance because of the high bar and the cowardice of the judges hearing the cases. That was not the case — far from it. Once again, context matters.

Trump isn’t Don Quixote in this scenario. His intent was not, and is not, benign. It is malevolent.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 10:58am

The election is over and Biden won. Right ?  I have agreed.  Trump tried to make his cases and lost.  He was clearly never going to win any court case before it started.  No one ever has.  It was his right to do so regardless of the outcomes.  Yet you all collectively object to his right to do so.

Now the point that I am trying to make is that no statewide presidential election has ever been overturned requiring a revote for any reason and will simply never happen.   And not a single one of you is willing to concede that this is a reality.

Why is this so hard for you all or any of you to admit ?
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 9:59am

 kcar wrote:
Multiple groups outside of the courts examined the claims and found they had no merit. Bill Barr, Trump's AG, found that the election was free and fair. 

This isn't a theory...it's fact.  There were no issues with the election.  None.  Even his own supporters are repeatedly stating there was nothing.  It's over.

Yet, Kurt and his 50 million want to excuse the damage that the lie inflicts on individuals and the country.  He is a grifter and the leader of a cult.  The devotees just wanna believe at all costs, and the outsiders shake their heads and wonder how so many people could fall into the trap.  

kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 8:52am

 kurtster wrote:

Again with the standard being enough fraud to cast doubts on the outcome of an election, no judge is going to say there is enough to overturn a election and call for a revote regardless of how much fraud is demonstrated.  You say that any judge would overturn an election result if there was enough fraud or simply doubt for that matter (as in the case of Florida years ago Bush / Gore) demonstrated and call for a revote.  I disagree. 

Just how would a state wide revote work for a presidential election ?  Would it just be for the presidential vote or all votes ?  This is a germane question.

It is totally impractical and undo-able and that is my point.


"We've got lots of theories, we just don't have the evidence."

Kurt, Trump's legal team filed something like 63 court cases in multiple states. Multiple judges presiding over those cases rejected almost every case presented for lack of evidence. Trump's team won one case which got overturned on appeal.

Do you seriously expect us to believe that all those judges secretly conspired to ignore valid claims and solid evidence because new elections would've been "too hard"?

Multiple groups outside of the courts examined the claims and found they had no merit. Bill Barr, Trump's AG, found that the election was free and fair. 

You admitted that Trump lost the election. Come out of your sofa cushion fort and stop spouting factless conspiracy bullshit.
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 8:38am

I've looked at clouds from both sides now and I still say they are chemtrails.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 8:13am

 Red_Dragon wrote:
Donald Trump is Jesus Christ...
 
No, he isn't.  Just because you found a couple of buffoons wearing T shirts proclaiming that does not make it true or even a wide spread belief.

That is like you wearing a T shirt saying that Biden is the best POTUS ever.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 7:56am

 Red_Dragon wrote:


Donald Trump is Jesus Christ...


Q: Donald Trump is...!
me: *facepalm* "Jesus Christ...."
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 6:57am

 steeler wrote:
 kurtster wrote:
The bolded makes my point as far as I am concerned.

Your stupefying propensity to ignore everything and anything that negates or even casts doubt upon your argument is once again on full display. Points for consistency, though.

 
Again with the standard being enough fraud to cast doubts on the outcome of an election, no judge is going to say there is enough to overturn a election and call for a revote regardless of how much fraud is demonstrated.  You say that any judge would overturn an election result if there was enough fraud or simply doubt for that matter (as in the case of Florida years ago Bush / Gore) demonstrated and call for a revote.  I disagree. 

Just how would a state wide revote work for a presidential election ?  Would it just be for the presidential vote or all votes ?  This is a germane question.

It is totally impractical and undo-able and that is my point.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 5:20am

 rgio wrote:


I started a response...and then backed out.  

It's pointless.  Jared takes $2B from the MBS, DJT solicits $250M by claiming he's going to fight the fake election and then sends the money to his PAC and then his friends and family and business, and the details of Hunter's $600k per year are the most explosive cover-up in the history of US politics?

What's amazing is that Fox and the right continue to spin Russia collusion as some sort of hoax, when the final report issued by the Senate details how the Trump campaign worked with Russia.  As usual, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.


Donald Trump is Jesus Christ...
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 5:18am

 steeler wrote:

Your stupefying propensity to ignore everything and anything that negates your argument is once again on full display. Points for consistency, though.


I started a response...and then backed out.  

It's pointless.  Jared takes $2B from the MBS, DJT solicits $250M by claiming he's going to fight the fake election and then sends the money to his PAC and then his friends and family and business, and the details of Hunter's $600k per year are the most explosive cover-up in the history of US politics?

What's amazing is that Fox and the right continue to spin Russia collusion as some sort of hoax, when the final report issued by the Senate details how the Trump campaign worked with Russia.  As usual, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142, 143, 144  Next