[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Jul 7, 2020 - 8:26am
 
COVID-19 - miamizsun - Jul 7, 2020 - 7:59am
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Jul 7, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Jul 7, 2020 - 7:53am
 
2020 Elections - KarmaKarma - Jul 7, 2020 - 7:47am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Jul 7, 2020 - 7:26am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - Proclivities - Jul 7, 2020 - 6:02am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jul 7, 2020 - 5:29am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Jul 7, 2020 - 5:23am
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - kurtster - Jul 7, 2020 - 3:44am
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Jul 6, 2020 - 9:50pm
 
Sweet horrible irony. - kcar - Jul 6, 2020 - 9:36pm
 
New Music - R_P - Jul 6, 2020 - 7:58pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 6, 2020 - 3:58pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 6, 2020 - 3:57pm
 
Why are 2 of the best albums of the last decade completel... - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 6, 2020 - 1:55pm
 
The Obituary Page - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 6, 2020 - 1:43pm
 
What The Hell Buddy? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 6, 2020 - 1:31pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jul 6, 2020 - 11:58am
 
The All-Things Beatles Forum - Steely_D - Jul 6, 2020 - 11:04am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jul 6, 2020 - 10:50am
 
The Electoral College - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 6, 2020 - 10:36am
 
Things You Thought Today - Coaxial - Jul 6, 2020 - 9:15am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Jul 6, 2020 - 8:55am
 
The List of Reasons Why Schlabby Hates People - sunybuny - Jul 6, 2020 - 7:47am
 
Florida - Coaxial - Jul 6, 2020 - 6:09am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - miamizsun - Jul 6, 2020 - 5:44am
 
Baseball, anyone? - haresfur - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:08pm
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - buddy - Jul 5, 2020 - 7:06pm
 
Live Music - buddy - Jul 5, 2020 - 6:59pm
 
Outstanding Covers - buddy - Jul 5, 2020 - 6:51pm
 
Gardeners Corner - kctomato - Jul 5, 2020 - 3:24pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Jul 5, 2020 - 2:35pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - R_P - Jul 5, 2020 - 1:30pm
 
Movie Quote - rhahl - Jul 5, 2020 - 12:03pm
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 11:53am
 
Questions. - oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:50am
 
Favorite Quotes - oldviolin - Jul 5, 2020 - 8:45am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:27pm
 
Ask the Libertarian - kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:55pm
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - KarmaKarma - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:14pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2020 - 6:40pm
 
In My Room - Coaxial - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:26pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - BlueHeronDruid - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:37am
 
RP stops playing after a few minutes on iPod (iOS) - gtufano - Jul 3, 2020 - 11:33pm
 
Canada - westslope - Jul 3, 2020 - 3:38pm
 
how do you feel right now? - miamizsun - Jul 3, 2020 - 1:54pm
 
US Empire - R_P - Jul 3, 2020 - 12:46pm
 
• • • PUZZLES • • • - BlueHeronDruid - Jul 3, 2020 - 10:02am
 
• • • Things Magicians Exclaim • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:20am
 
Bluos App and Vault 2 Streamer. Is it playing in Flac? - BillG - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:05am
 
::odd but intriguing:: - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:01am
 
• • • Things Musicians Exclaim • • • - - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:46am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:43am
 
How are you coping/dealing with the crisis? - kurtster - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:44am
 
Oh, The Stupidity - haresfur - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:40am
 
NASA & other news from space - R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:45pm
 
What are you listening to now? - black321 - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:14pm
 
Anti-War - R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:04pm
 
Vinyl for old timer - Steely_D - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:00pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 5:03pm
 
Now that is a great story! - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:14pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:12pm
 
Watch Now ! - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:06pm
 
Automotive Lust - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2020 - 1:53pm
 
Less Tori and more anything else ;p - hellojofo - Jul 2, 2020 - 10:13am
 
sonos service - mjvander - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:53am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:02am
 
Hey Baby, It's The 4th O' July - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:57am
 
Amazon Echo/Alexa stream not working - rochesimpson - Jul 1, 2020 - 3:31pm
 
Official date for our 20th Anniversary? - Windspirit - Jul 1, 2020 - 3:16pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2020 - 11:40am
 
Can't add RP service to Sonos - donot_spam - Jul 1, 2020 - 10:28am
 
Fox Spews - kurtster - Jun 30, 2020 - 9:21pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Shuttle, ISS and other Real Space Ships Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 2:22pm



 miamizsun wrote:

just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it


what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
 

The appropriate term is "punch it Chewy!"
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:27pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

 
Apparently they'll get high enough that we won't be able to see them but people with telescopes will. I agree about the connectivity being pretty neat.

 

elon has equipped the new sats with a shade to make them "invisible"

eventually the starlink speed is supposed to be ridiculous
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:21pm



 miamizsun wrote:

just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it

what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
 
No-go / abort.


19 hours to docking so I think they're testing onboard systems...

JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:20pm

scrubbed
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:19pm



 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

 
Apparently they'll get high enough that we won't be able to see them but people with telescopes will. I agree about the connectivity being pretty neat.

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:16pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:14pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:

i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
 

Raining now and okay to launch but weather is "trending the wrong way"

Sounds like they'll make a decision at 4:15
 
just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it

what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:02pm



 miamizsun wrote:



i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
 

Raining now and okay to launch but weather is "trending the wrong way"

Sounds like they'll make a decision at 4:15
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 11:15am




i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:59pm



 JrzyTmata wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
 
where was your camera phone?

 
lol Buzz is cringing right now.

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:41pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
 
where was your camera phone?

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:37pm

9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Dec 15, 2015 - 9:19am

Watch A Livestream Of Astronauts Docking With The International Space Station

 

 

 


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 7, 2015 - 6:53am


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:28pm

 JrzyTmata wrote:
don't we get to see it land?
 
that's classified

but happy anniversary
JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:20pm

don't we get to see it land?
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:00pm

 Beaker wrote:

The same stream can be found on NASA HD on the Roku.

 
thx

looks like this is going down up
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 2:40pm

about 20 minutes or so



Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 8:05am

 miamizsun wrote:
space x possible launch later today

i believe you can live stream it

 
Probably here but no post yet.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 6:57am

space x possible launch later today

i believe you can live stream it
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next