[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

what the hell, miamizsun? - Red_Dragon - Jun 19, 2021 - 8:32am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Jun 19, 2021 - 7:45am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - miamizsun - Jun 19, 2021 - 7:43am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Proclivities - Jun 19, 2021 - 6:57am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 19, 2021 - 6:19am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - Blackbirds - Jun 19, 2021 - 6:01am
 
The Obituary Page - Ohmsen - Jun 18, 2021 - 11:34pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 18, 2021 - 10:41pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Jun 18, 2021 - 10:29pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jun 18, 2021 - 7:09pm
 
King Crimson - Steely_D - Jun 18, 2021 - 7:00pm
 
Play the Blues - oldviolin - Jun 18, 2021 - 6:42pm
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - Steely_D - Jun 18, 2021 - 6:39pm
 
Great drummers - oldviolin - Jun 18, 2021 - 6:31pm
 
RP app for MacBook Pro 16 not compatible? - gtufano - Jun 18, 2021 - 11:29am
 
Music documentaries - R_P - Jun 18, 2021 - 10:37am
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - Proclivities - Jun 18, 2021 - 9:23am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - Lazy8 - Jun 18, 2021 - 7:22am
 
Republican Party - rgio - Jun 18, 2021 - 5:34am
 
Jazz - Proclivities - Jun 18, 2021 - 5:12am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - sirdroseph - Jun 18, 2021 - 4:58am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jun 18, 2021 - 4:20am
 
Chicago 25 Or 6 To 4 - Coaxial - Jun 17, 2021 - 7:44pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 6:52pm
 
Climate Change - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 6:32pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 4:27pm
 
OBAMACARE - Lazy8 - Jun 17, 2021 - 4:12pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 2:53pm
 
How to stop autopaly in iOS - gtufano - Jun 17, 2021 - 2:51pm
 
New Music - R_P - Jun 17, 2021 - 1:50pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 1:01pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Jun 17, 2021 - 1:00pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Jun 17, 2021 - 10:13am
 
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 10:06am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 9:17am
 
In the Know - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 9:15am
 
Movie quotes used as life's truisms - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 9:07am
 
Media Bias - sirdroseph - Jun 17, 2021 - 4:50am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - yuel - Jun 17, 2021 - 12:25am
 
Things You Thought Today - miamizsun - Jun 16, 2021 - 7:16pm
 
Putin Owns Trump - rgio - Jun 16, 2021 - 2:31pm
 
Joe Biden - R_P - Jun 16, 2021 - 12:14pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Jun 16, 2021 - 9:56am
 
Last gas price paid? - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 16, 2021 - 4:43am
 
2020 Elections - Steely_D - Jun 15, 2021 - 8:44pm
 
Trump Lies™ - kcar - Jun 15, 2021 - 7:02pm
 
bummed - Red_Dragon - Jun 15, 2021 - 3:50pm
 
Trump - R_P - Jun 15, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
Insane-looking Lawyers - rhahl - Jun 15, 2021 - 11:55am
 
Military Matters - Red_Dragon - Jun 15, 2021 - 5:04am
 
What Did You See Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:27pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:25pm
 
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote') - oldviolin - Jun 14, 2021 - 4:39pm
 
• • • Clownstock • • •  - kcar - Jun 14, 2021 - 3:25pm
 
The Global War on Terror - Ohmsen - Jun 14, 2021 - 2:40pm
 
Bad Poetry - GeneP59 - Jun 14, 2021 - 2:13pm
 
The war on funk is over! - rhahl - Jun 14, 2021 - 12:41pm
 
It's fine - Lazy8 - Jun 14, 2021 - 7:42am
 
punk? hip-hop? metal? noise? garage? - rhahl - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:53am
 
What is the meaning of this? - rhahl - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:32am
 
The Geek Thread - Proclivities - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:04am
 
2022 Elections - haresfur - Jun 14, 2021 - 12:33am
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - R_P - Jun 13, 2021 - 9:05pm
 
Kodi Addon - Ohmsen - Jun 13, 2021 - 2:40pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 13, 2021 - 2:31pm
 
Lounge - Chill-Out - Down-Tempo - Steely_D - Jun 13, 2021 - 1:45pm
 
Floyd forum - Steely_D - Jun 13, 2021 - 9:26am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 12, 2021 - 9:22pm
 
Magpie Salute - merseywest - Jun 12, 2021 - 7:38pm
 
Movie Recommendation - rhahl - Jun 12, 2021 - 4:52pm
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Jun 12, 2021 - 3:55pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - oldviolin - Jun 12, 2021 - 3:16pm
 
100 Things You Can Say To Irritate A Republican - Manbird - Jun 12, 2021 - 2:49pm
 
Tech & Science - Red_Dragon - Jun 12, 2021 - 7:30am
 
Democratic Party - Red_Dragon - Jun 11, 2021 - 8:02pm
 
Index » Internet/Computer » Streaming/Media » Sonos Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 10:40pm

Yep. It now works perfectly. i have been listening to RP favorites for the past 4 days, almost non stop, and hardly heard a song repeated. It's also encouraged me to go back and rank more songs. 

 jarro wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out.   Favorites can now play all day and night.   Plus the glitches with song transitions should  be fixed.    At least haven't noticed any over past few hours.

 scrubbrush wrote:
Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 9:32pm

Thanks for pointing that out.   Favorites can now play all day and night.   Plus the glitches with song transitions should be fixed.    At least haven't noticed any over past few hours.

 scrubbrush wrote:
Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

 


scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 21, 2020 - 3:48pm

Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

yxu

yxu Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 2:55pm



 jarro wrote:


I think they mean discrete files as oppposed to local.     You still can't add the flac streams via their TuneIn service.    But services can play flac files.   As long it meets their supported specs.   

 yxu wrote:
My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


 


 

Oh, awesome! Thanks, can’t wait to try!
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 10:38am



I think they mean discrete files as oppposed to local.     You still can't add the flac streams via their TuneIn service.    But services can play flac files.   As long it meets their supported specs.   

 yxu wrote:
My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


 


yxu

yxu Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 6:54am



 radiomaster48 wrote:
Thanks! Yesterday, it all of sudden showed up! It works! Great job!!

 jarro wrote:
Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


 

My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


radiomaster48

radiomaster48 Avatar

Location: Switzerland


Posted: Jun 15, 2020 - 10:27pm

Thanks! Yesterday, it all of sudden showed up! It works! Great job!!

 jarro wrote:
Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2020 - 8:08am

Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


radiomaster48

radiomaster48 Avatar

Location: Switzerland


Posted: Jun 12, 2020 - 11:23am

The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: Jun 4, 2020 - 2:21pm

Yep, this now seems to be working, thank you! 

 jarro wrote:
Favorites should be fixed,  along with  the  problem of the occasional song ending early.   

 scrubbrush wrote:
I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 3, 2020 - 11:13pm

Favorites should be fixed,  along with  the  problem of the occasional song ending early.   

 scrubbrush wrote:
I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 2, 2020 - 6:43am

I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

 toomanyollys wrote:
The "My favourites" stream is now working - kinda... it seems to be playing any song I've ever rated, be it a 10 or a 1 



 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 25, 2020 - 11:02am

The "My favourites" stream is now working - kinda... it seems to be playing any song I've ever rated, be it a 10 or a 1 


 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


HandK



Posted: May 25, 2020 - 9:47am



 BillG wrote:


 HandK wrote:
Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ?
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
 

RP is currently not available via TuneIn or Sonos Radio in the UK, due to licensing issues. We're working to resolve that. In the meantime, give our Sonos music service a try.

In the Sonos phone app (not the computer desktop app), tap 'Settings', then 'Add a Service', and find us on the list. After that, we'll be available on the 'Browse' menu.


 
Bill, Thanks very much for your help with this - RP back on !!!
I can confirm that all RP stations work in UK using this method - including RP Main
...........
Thanks once again
H

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: May 24, 2020 - 4:44pm



 HandK wrote:
Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ?
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
 

RP is currently not available via TuneIn or Sonos Radio in the UK, due to licensing issues. We're working to resolve that. In the meantime, give our Sonos music service a try.

In the Sonos phone app (not the computer desktop app), tap 'Settings', then 'Add a Service', and find us on the list. After that, we'll be available on the 'Browse' menu.


HandK



Posted: May 24, 2020 - 12:21pm

Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ??
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 23, 2020 - 4:42pm

Fantastic, glad to know it's not just user error 

 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: May 23, 2020 - 5:40am

My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 23, 2020 - 4:53am

Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
mjvander

mjvander Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC


Posted: May 22, 2020 - 7:05pm

Love the Sonos service, just a minor quibble, every now and then there are some song transitions that are a bit harsh, not something i have noticed on the "main" feed.  Other than that, its Saul Goodman

Stay safe and sane...

 gfischer99 wrote:
Bill ... look forward to the FLAC stream!

Couple things ... 
1. I noticed that recently the Sonos Service no longer has the Sync option. Is this by design? 
2. I use the Android app on my Sony Android TV. I saw that there is a Sync to Sonos capability. That's great as it allows me to use the app with the rolling pictures in 4K and have it sync'd to RP playing on other Sonos players (or so in theory) ...
- If there are 5 other Sonos players in the home, how does the app know which one to sync to? There is no choice and different players may be playing different streams
- I noticed after a while that the app on the TV is no longer in sync and, indeed, seems to be playing something completely different, or, in some cases stops streaming



 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next